Stolen People Food!

Jay Jones

Why can't the makers of dog food just make the food taste like our food! My 2 will both stop eating there food wait till i'm not looking and tuck into mine!

I mean C'mon Butchers and all the rest of you! Please make a sausage and bacon food so i can enjoy mine for a change!!!!! Grrrrr

Why can't the makers of dog food just make the food taste like our food! My 2 will both stop eating there food wait till i'm not looking and tuck into mine!

I mean C'mon Butchers and all the rest of you! Please make a sausage and bacon food so i can enjoy mine for a change!!!!! Grrrrr

Ohhhh... I see FAT dogs coming! :eek:

Seriously, most of my guys love my food, and being well aware of it, I'm pretty careful about not leaving it where they can get at it (the cats are every bit as bad!). Shad, the "chosen one" (he's extra-special! :P) tends to get a little bit of left-overs, but only what I choose to give him, after I'm done, and never while he's being obnoxious about begging!

Edit: Shad actually likes raw chicken more than anything else!

We have the same issues. So much so, when eating breakfast, she will bark at the door to get us to get up. I put my plate down on a coffee table(from eating at the tv) and go to open the door....she will dash for my plate the second I leave it! Also, if we leave anything edible on the edge of the counter, she will lick or eat it. That has included whole cooked and raw steaks! We now keep a tidy reduced clutter kitchen to reduce temptation and encourage her to go outside to play when we eat. We have to warn guests to "watch" their plates when they are casually eating anywhere....

Oh-she gets fed human-grade quality food 2x a day...and likes it.

you can always teach your dog not to steal foods you know =) you can start by NOT giving him the food you're currently eating. Even if you wanna give him sausages giv him the one that u're not putting in your hotdog XD

Fox is definately opportunistic when it comes to getting people food

Which of course means we have to be hypervigillant about not letting him have the opportunity to nip something we don't want him to have...our toddler is the worst with this...when she's decided she's done with something (usually something she doesn't like) she'll actually call him and try to toss him her leftovers

mine won't actually take it but will give you the most sad hard done by look you have ever seen to guilt you into giving them a bit ...... yes it works from time to time oh no i tell a lie they did take a packet of digestive biscuits once ...... a full packet that got emptied !!!! i think maybe it was Rufus that took it but i'm sure Sky helped once they hit the floor !!!!