Ryn at Dog Show and New Tatoo

Austinville

During the town celebration, the local vet hosted a Fun Dog Show. There were silly activities like dog/owner look-a-like contest, musical hoops, best small/medium/large dog, etc, etc. I took Princess Ryn who, of course, had a ball. She received two blue ribbons and two red ribbons. Blue for dog/owner look-a-like (cause of my tatoo-see below) and mini-agility. And then she got reds in best tricks and best large dog....So proud of her (even though it was just for fun). As you can see, she loved every minute of it:

Tricks -sit, down, roll over, 'touch' (where she touches my hand wherever it is with her nose), and sit pretty:

RynsTricks.jpg

Agility - Just look at her smile as she crosses the a-frame - what a happy girl!:

RynAFrame.jpg

Look-a-like:

LookAlikes.jpg

This is the 'tatoo' I got............. am thinking about getting one and this could be it..

ThatMe.jpg

The 'artist':

TatooArtist.jpg

Watching mom get a pic of a husky on her calf:

WatchingMomGetTatoo.jpg

I went to watch Rynnie and Beck at the dog show, and got a few other pictures...

The first two are from the "do a trick" part of the show - Beck had her do several, each of which she did immediately and without any hesitation (I was proud, can you tell?) - these are "sit" and "roll over".

post-7044-13586073635899_thumb.jpg

All done, she also did "touch" for her Momma!

post-2224-13586073640066_thumb.jpg

post-1869-13585969924996_thumb.jpg

post-1869-13585969925986_thumb.jpg

post-1869-13585969928139_thumb.jpg

Beck had her do several, each of which she did immediately and without any hesitation

Ryn works hard on our tricks...........She is always focused on pleasing her momma! I couldn't have asked her to do any better. She was so well behaved during the wait between events too. She sat beside me like she was an old pro at this stuff.

...........we're working on several more 'tricks' but as she doesn't have them perfected, we'll wait to show the crowds them next year.

Ryn

Ryn works hard on our tricks...........She is always focused on pleasing her momma! I couldn't have asked her to do any better. She was so well behaved during the wait between events too. She sat beside me like she was an old pro at this stuff.

...........we're working on several more 'tricks' but as she doesn't have them perfected, we'll wait to show the crowds them next year.

Ryn

:wow2:Fantastic to hear about a performing husky,we all know they are clever,but just shows how adaptable they are too!!:D

Great pics! Ryn looks like she had a great time.:clap:

Yes, Brian, she had a blast! She reminds me of her great-grandma Ari (Shad's mom). She used to LOVE to go to dog shows and be center stage. Everyone watching and admiring her, people clapping, doing fun things - AND really yummy treats! How could life get any better?

random question-- how do you pronounce "Ryn"? :P I always read it as "reen" LOL so now you can correct me if I'm wrong. In Japanese, "Rin" (pronounced as reen) is a girl's name that means "dignified"

It's pronounced Rin, rhyming with "win". Ryn is short for Omryn, and if I remember correctly, it's Chukchi for "robust". I think neither of us were totally sure how to pronounce it, so Becky made a decision, and that was that!

random question-- how do you pronounce "Ryn"? :P I always read it as "reen" LOL so now you can correct me if I'm wrong. In Japanese, "Rin" (pronounced as reen) is a girl's name that means "dignified"

Her full name is Omryn, I call her Ryn (rhymes with win). It is Chukchi for (depending upon where you look) long life and/or robust. After having my first husky for over 15 years, I hoped to have my girl for just as long, hence the name I chose. I also felt it was fitting that she have a name linking her back to the huskies origins with the Chukchi.

I did a lot of thinking and research before I named her and this just fit (for both Omryn and I) .

@brian - like I said, she did this like an old pro. I'm sure partly because of her breeding lines (as Gigi suggests) but I do believe that a lot of it is that she loves her mama (Me!) and will do pretty much anything I ask of her. That, I believe, is a bond that sets the two of us apart from the others that were there. Many humans attending were in it for themselves, not worried about if their dog was enjoying it. I was there for Ryn as I knew she'd love it and she was there for me, 'cause she knew I'd be happy with her. When a team works like that, there's no stopping them.

I only wish I could have found the time and funding to keep her in tact so that she could have been shown. She would have aced that!