naturally well behaved sibes

BingBlaze n Skyla

does anybody have 1? LOL - blaze is a right nightmare - tho has his really good moments like today walking past 2 cats n not even blinking - yet skyla is just really well behaved if she has a long lead she walks in front (but doesnt pull) but if i shorten it abit she walks next to me on a loose lead without me saying anything to her - we walked RIGHT past a staffy yesterday (on the same path) and she had a look at him n carried on walking didnt pull once :) im actually shocked at how different she is compared to blaze - ive not trained her to walk nicely on the lead ive not trained her to heel - i certainly havent been able 2 train her to walk right past a dog n not want to play with it- she kindda scares me LOL

yet blaze is good when i tell him but i have 2 tell him otherwise he is a terror bag

I have a couple that seem to really enjoy being naughty - I'll have to record Trooper at feeding time sometime! ("Trooooper, will you SHUT UP?!" "I dooonn waaaaantoooo!") Then again, I have several that are really good! When I took young Zeke to the parade and park the other night, he was really good about not pulling, didn't jump on anyone, was good about not being a total pain while I had my supper - amazing!

Kodi (he's one of Shad's sons) was really tempted by a cat hanging around the dog yard while I was out scooping it yesterday. I saw him stalking it, and told him to leave it, it's MY cat, and he started running toward his kennel like he though he was really in trouble! I called him to me, and he came up and "apologized" profusely. I had to do it several times - the cat was just outside the fence meowing at me - but he truly did want to please me. Shad himself has pretty much always been super good! ;)

Yep I to have two at total oposite ends of the scale!

My Shadow is my big fluffy teddy bear, my little prince, hes so good and sweet most of the time, totally listens to every word I tell him and is calm an good in the house not destructive at all! Its completely shocked me the few times hes been naughty and hes been severly punnished (made to walk to heel on collar all the way home when he is normally my lead dog boy who guides the way!) You could tell he was sorry he had "shouted at" ears on and was all looking down and sheepish and then came and gave me a big cuddle when I said he was forgiven.

Nukka on the other hand, cheeky little moo-bag! Any excuse she can to do something naughty shes in it up to her eyeballs! Shes the wayward one who doesnt listen to a word you say and will give you a cheeky grin when your telling her off! LMAO! When she was little she would sneak upstairs where she wasnt allowed while we were potty training her.. and she would run in and bounce on the bed, when I'd try to be stern and tell her off she would jump down run a ring around me and jump right back on again like "Nah nah you cant catch me, Im soooo cute!" Shes such a pretty girl and she KNOWS it she knows she can get away with anything the little minx!!! :rofl:

That's great Nix, you are lucky. Ozzy and Micah are very good in most situations - they walk up front and do pull on the lead, but not excessively. They aren't bothered by other dogs they pass on walks, but they both have their moments at home when I need them to come inside, or get out the pool - they stay just out of reach, with the chest on the floor and bum in the air taunting me, or Ozzy will paddle in the middle of the pool out of reach - he has this attitude " if you want me to get out the pool, come in and get me ' it does my head in - he is such a brat at times :) but they are so dam cute they get away with it.

Kremlin is a naughty boy... the only naturally well behaved huskies I have seen were 13 years old. Guess old age imposes some limitations on naughtiness.

An acquaintance of a friend of mine had a husky that walked very well on the lead, she was even able to go on walks with her roller blades without having done any leash training. On the other hand, he went bonkers (in a bad way!) when he saw Kremlin so I guess that puts an end to the well-behavedness.

Other than that, I don't think I've met any naturally well behaved husky.

nice to hear skyla isnt a freak lol :P

aaaawwww ofc she's not a freak! She's lovely and you're one lucky owner :D Dime is also really laid-back, but it took several months of consistent training to turn him into a very very laid-back (read: lazy) husky. He used to drag me at every walk, but after spending 3 months with me he never pull me even once. He ignores cats and other dogs, will stop doing anything he does once I said "no", and... oh well every other good stuffs! ^0^ I used to think my husky is a weirdo too LOL simply bcoz he's too good x)

Mine are opposites! Sid is really laid back and for the most part calm...unless it's time to run!:dog3: Bella on the other hand is a bit of a trouble maker.:whistling: She can't sit still for too long before stirring something up. Right now, she's sleeping but that won't last long!:hehe: I LOVE them both and wouldn't have it any other way!:yahoo:

Our boys are also absolutely opposite but similarily choose to listen when they want. Andy will lift his nose and turn his head away, but not to be naughty, just to be a husky. Jack does what Jack wants unless you offer a snuggle or treat. Food will get him to do anything. Andy has from day 1 been just naturally a good boy AND with such a cute freckled mouth, he can't help but be our little man. Jack is chronically a toddler (juvenile) but we really have no idea how old either of them are. Love them both to death though, so it doesn't really matter.:lovebone::lovebone:

I can honestly that all three of ours are very well behaved. All the horror stories that I read while researching the breed had me expecting the worst.

Couldn't agree with you more!.I wanted huskies for years and was too put off by what I read.Our 3 older ones(Aged 9 months to 3 yrs are all really well behaved,and excellent on and off lead .We just hope that our pup(No 4) will take after them too!!:D

I can honestly that all three of ours are very well behaved. All the horror stories that I read while researching the breed had me expecting the worst.

I suppose when you expect the worst, it's hard to be disapointed. :) On the other hand, on the off chance somebody does the research before bringing their first husky home, it'd be hard decide that a husky is something you'd like to have around the house.