huskita

tim&sky

• Replies 75
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I paid £225 for Yuri, that is just a guide line, he is a cross breed (he has 3 breeds in him). Again as I said he was vacinated (£65 here), microchipped in my name (another £20) and health checked which is a further £25. So really I only paid £115 for him. If I was getting an unvacinated, un microchipped, unhealth checked pup I probably wouldn't pay more than £50 for it, £100 at very most. But for that I'd rather go tot a shelter and get an older dog that is struggeling to find a home. We are having our next dog from a pup, when I don't know, but I will get this pup from a reputible breeder. Yuri's 'breeders' said they wanted to stay in touch and they never did. It's sad I sent them photos but they never replied to the emails so now I just don't bother really... if they can't be bothered with a one liner like 'what a beautiful boy he's grown into' then I can't be bothered to send updates I don't know their receiving. The next breeder I get a pup from will grill me till I'm blue in the face about breed knowlage and want to hear about their pups and how beautiful and how their training is going!

Well, The fact that a dog is pure does not by any means instantly gurantee the breeder of the pure breed has knowledge of the dogs history, has done hip or eye scores.

Yes a "responsible" breeder will only breed pures and will have eye scores, hip scores and family history.

But just because someone breeds pure breeds does not automatically make them a responsible breeder.

Just though I'd point that out :P

At some point in time all dogs were some how crossed :P

I'm fully aware of that and Im not saying it makes them a responsible breeder, what I am saying is it pays for you to have the resources to look up that extra information.

Stacey xxx

did she actuallly call them a huskita - kirbysowner just made me think that if she doesnt know what to charge - it might have been an accidental mating?

that is the case of this.........try googling huskitas as it seems there the new breed .....good ole usa pays anything up to $1200 per dog omg!!!!

that is the case of this.........try googling huskitas as it seems there the new breed .....good ole usa pays anything up to $1200 per dog omg!!!!

hmm - i would ask her again how much she would be willing to sell them for - obviously she knows they are crosses n because she doesnt know what to charge really makes me feel like it seems she asked u cuz u already have a husky so would be a good home - n that might be all she wants

OMG I just did that! Sooooo sad! One site boasting that they think people who call them back yard breeders are just pureist nazis and that they have so far produced 60 puppies! They started breeding from their two rescued, unhealthtested dogs!! How massivly frustrating that their are people out there so pig ignorant and so unwilling to learn!! :banghead:

OMG I just did that! Sooooo sad! One site boasting that they think people who call them back yard breeders are just pureist nazis and that they have so far produced 60 puppies! They started breeding from their two rescued, unhealthtested dogs!! How massivly frustrating that their are people out there so pig ignorant and so unwilling to learn!! :banghead:

Can you PM me the link? I'm interested now.

Stacey xxx

same site i saw then sara but think if you read it again your find they do all the test on there dogs hence the high price ....

Well, a lot of places will allow puppies to go unfixed because

they don't want to do it too early, but you have to sign a contract

promising that you will get them fixed when they are 6mos or

older. They probably signed the contract, and then threw it out

the window on the way home so they could start breeding their

newly acquired husky and akita.

In MANY parts of the US, shelters are kill-shelters. They have only

a limited time to home the animals before they are PTS. Because of

this, I am sure they bend a lot of rules in order to get some of those

pups homes. It is also probably too expensive for those shelters to

spay/neuter the animals before they go home, so they rely on the

forever home to pay that expense out of pocket so the shelter can

afford to feed the ever growing number of pups they have coming

into the shelter...

It is a serious slap in the face to the shelter that they adopted those

dogs from because I am sure a few of those 60 pups that they have

bred have ended up in shelters, much like the ones they "rescued"

their dogs from.

It is so sad to me that despite all of the poor dogs in shelters, people

are still willing to cheaply breed them to make a quick buck. One of

my neighbors' grandkids (who is about my age) had his grandmum

approach me and ask me if I would breed Echo. They asked me what

kind of a dog she was. They said they had a Sibe too, and loved Echo's

color and wanted to breed his stud with her. I told them absolutely not,

it was not only against my contract with my breeder, but I love my dog,

and I would never take any risks with her health. I would NEVER breed

her. She is spayed as of today :)

/end rant

Ugh, i've seen that website before. I really love his "reasoning" for breeding his randomly acquired Husky and Akita and how came up with a miraculous idea of a "Huskita" :eek:

i hate that! just because u have a dog of each sex wether or not they are the same breed doesnt mean u have to breed them URGH

• 2 weeks later...

well an update , it was a blooper as the next doors akita chewed his way thro a thick rope lead n got to the bitch but.....both parents have history and the akita has a very long history, the sibe should have been kc reg but missed out by a few days but i personally know the breeder where she got her from......same breeder where i got my sky from lol ....all the women is asking for is a fair price as the pup will have first jabs n chipped and heath checks......what would you personally pay ??

I know some people who have gotten pure breed huskies for £200 ish and I paid £350 for my husky x GSD. I know right, but at the time I didnt know it was high and I didnt have this site for advice. so maybe £150-£200? my guess though.

what's wrong with paying for a cross? I would love to have a huskita because I love both breeds. As long as the breeder was responsible and did a health check on both dogs I can't see what is so wrong about it? besides, dont crossbreeds tend to be healthier as far as genetic problems are concerned?

I love both breeds and have owned both breeds in the past. The reason I don't have an Akita at the moment is because of the breed's well known "same sex aggression" problem. After our beautiful and gentle (with humans) Akita, Holly ripped the ear from one of our husky girls and tried to kill another (both of whom she had grown up with from pups) we had to send her back to her breeder.

Hollyrug-1.jpg

Despite loving both breeds, there is no way in the world I would consider for one moment a Husky/Akita crossbreed (and that is all it is - a crossbreed, not a breed).

In the 20 years I have been involved in dogs to a serious degree, I have never, ever come across one single breeder of first generation crossbreeds who health tests their dogs before breeding - never - not one - ever!!!!!!!!!!!!

As for the "crossbreeds being healthier" argument, it is complete nonsense and based upon a complete misunderstanding of the concept of "hybrid vigour" - Firstly, canine crossbreeds are not hybrids - they are the same species and. as such are just crossbreeds. I remember in the past hearing that "mongrels" as we used to call them in the old days, were healthier than pedigree dogs. It would be more accurate to say that surviving mongrels were healthier as in those days, latchkey dogs were common and for these dogs, Darwinian evolutionary principles still held. The weak died and the strong survived - nothing to do with breeders as most dogs which bred did so unbeknown to their owners who simply shoved the dog out of the door each day.

The only thing I'd pay for a crossbreed is the cost it takes to get one from rescue :)

I didnt know what I was doing then. I wouldnt do it again. But having said that I wouldnt have my boy Storm who I wouldnt be without for any sum of money.

I didnt know what I was doing then. I wouldnt do it again. But having said that I wouldnt have my boy Storm who I wouldnt be without for any sum of money.

Sorry I wasn't aiming my post at anyone in particular - just giving my opinion.

Our family dog came from a pet store more than 12 years ago, I'd never ever buy ANYTHING from a pet store, but she's priceless to us :)

Sorry I wasn't aiming my post at anyone in particular - just giving my opinion.

Our family dog came from a pet store more than 12 years ago, I'd never ever buy ANYTHING from a pet store, but she's priceless to us :)

no i didnt say you were its fine, I just wanted to point out to people I know it was wrong and i wouldnt do it again now i know that. Personally i dont agree with the cross breeding now.