huskita

tim&sky

I wouldnt pay more than £70 for a cross personally, even if it has husky in it. I mean I have had people trying to convince me that the Nothern Inuit is a good idea but considering I paid £550 for Aleu who is a pure husky, I think it's amazing that the breeders that the nothern inuit society recommend as "reputable" breeders sell northern inuits for £750 when in reality they are just a cross of husky, malamute and german shepherd.

Of course you've got the arguement of well all breeds were technically a cross at some point but... I don't know huskies have been bred for a long time and while 30-40 years breeding Northern Inuits sounds like a long time I still think that they should be recognised as husky x malamute x german shepherds because they are not recognised by the kennel club.

Stacey xxx

• Replies 75
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Despite loving both breeds, there is no way in the world I would consider for one moment a Husky/Akita crossbreed (and that is all it is - a crossbreed, not a breed).

In the 20 years I have been involved in dogs to a serious degree, I have never, ever come across one single breeder of first generation crossbreeds who health tests their dogs before breeding - never - not one - ever!!!!!!!!!!!!

As for the "crossbreeds being healthier" argument, it is complete nonsense and based upon a complete misunderstanding of the concept of "hybrid vigour" - Firstly, canine crossbreeds are not hybrids - they are the same species and. as such are just crossbreeds. I remember in the past hearing that "mongrels" as we used to call them in the old days, were healthier than pedigree dogs. It would be more accurate to say that surviving mongrels were healthier as in those days, latchkey dogs were common and for these dogs, Darwinian evolutionary principles still held. The weak died and the strong survived - nothing to do with breeders as most dogs which bred did so unbeknown to their owners who simply shoved the dog out of the door each day.

Ooooo Mick is at it again ;).

I'm sure I only ever see you on the forums when its a thread involving cross breeds! :eek:

i wouldnt pay too much tbh - we got skyla for £200 - n even then she would have been free but for her breeder to get her back he had to reimburse the idiots selling her on some of their money so i thought it was only fair for me to give him some back - she was totally worth it tho

Ooooo Mick is at it again ;).

I'm sure I only ever see you on the forums when its a thread involving cross breeds! :eek:

Actually James, I only post when it's a subject I know something about and when I think I can add something to the debate.

Actually James, I only post when it's a subject I know something about and when I think I can add something to the debate.

ohhh yeah.... coincidence........ haha I'm Just kidding!!! :rolleyes:

there is such thing as just having a good ol' laugh :) abit of Banter, a good ol chit chat etc :)

Well let's look at it this way. I paid £300 each for my two and one is a cross. Tao who is a German Shepherd X Husky is the most gentle out of the two.:lovebone: Did I think twice about the asking price? No I didn't. Was she a BYB? I'm not sure but I know that she had the papers for both Tao's Parents with all the info that I needed, a copy that I have put away some where. My self I couldn't give a dam if Tao is a X breed or not. To me he is a dog first and my companion second, thirdly a gentle friend to my Granddaughter and I trust him with her.:owned:This thread started by Tim asking what was a fair price to pay. Not whether it was ethical to cross breed a Husky with any other dog. Now it seems that by the replies of some members that there shouldn't be any Husky mixes at all. To me that is utter rubbish and the way I look at it is my Husky X is as good as any other dog on here :doglick:...............Ron

• 1 month later...

some pure breeds you don have 2 pay alot for either skyla was cheap as chips but is priceless to me - shes my world

3 Points everyone says on meeting mt bobo , Hes gona be big you wanna wach him , and bet he cost over a grand lol I had no intention of buying a dog ,but my freind purchased bobo s sister and it was her temperament at 7 weeks and not her looks i was gobsmacked at . so my wife went to see the rest of the litter and now we have our stunning addition to our familly , and he is the most wonderfull dog . he is playfull very clean wont go out on a wander totaly ves bring petted (by the ladies ) and i take very other comments about cross breeding as a insult . we humans have through all time been up our own bottoms about crossbreeding with anything other than ,, our ow knd lol, dont breed with that dark looking chap not the servant that will never doooooooo . get agrip people and stop the snobbery , no self respecting dog owner thinks on that leval ,I could not and would not talk about the breeders of old wko have created in my oppinion fashion accessories for toffs and hunting. My bobo is part of m family as sim as that .

3 Points everyone says on meeting mt bobo , Hes gona be big you wanna wach him , and bet he cost over a grand lol I had no intention of buying a dog ,but my freind purchased bobo s sister and it was her temperament at 7 weeks and not her looks i was gobsmacked at . so my wife went to see the rest of the litter and now we have our stunning addition to our familly , and he is the most wonderfull dog . he is playfull very clean wont go out on a wander totaly ves bring petted (by the ladies ) and i take very other comments about cross breeding as a insult . we humans have through all time been up our own bottoms about crossbreeding with anything other than ,, our ow knd lol, dont breed with that dark looking chap not the servant that will never doooooooo . get agrip people and stop the snobbery , no self respecting dog owner thinks on that leval ,I could not and would not talk about the breeders of old wko have created in my oppinion fashion accessories for toffs and hunting. My bobo is part of m family as sim as that .

i think its different tho - mixed race and cross breeding is NOT the same - whos to say whos cross breeding dogs is doing any health tests n making sure these dogs dont have genetic problems sumwhere down their lines - i can bet its not very many - dont get me wrong - i dont dislike x breeds - i have a x breed of my own hes a staffy x whippet and he is my world - b4 skyla or blaze - he was my first ever dog so i have a stronger bond with him then i do the other 2 - i still have a ridicously strong bond with the other 2 but me n bings have practically grew up together - he was however a rescue dog - so cost around £75 donation to the shelter - i really however DO NOT agree with spending a small fortune on a x breed - just because it has a fancy name like labradoodle ect - and as u will see in my other posts in this thread i have said as such and said that its up2 the OP how much he feels he would like to pay for an xbreed - point is - you can get pure breeds for as little as £200 so i would not pay more than that for an x breed - thats all

btw i see this is ur first post so welcome to the pack

Well let's look at it this way. I paid £300 each for my two and one is a cross. Tao who is a German Shepherd X Husky is the most gentle out of the two.:lovebone: Did I think twice about the asking price? No I didn't. Was she a BYB? I'm not sure but I know that she had the papers for both Tao's Parents with all the info that I needed, a copy that I have put away some where. My self I couldn't give a dam if Tao is a X breed or not. To me he is a dog first and my companion second, thirdly a gentle friend to my Granddaughter and I trust him with her.:owned:This thread started by Tim asking what was a fair price to pay. Not whether it was ethical to cross breed a Husky with any other dog. Now it seems that by the replies of some members that there shouldn't be any Husky mixes at all. To me that is utter rubbish and the way I look at it is my Husky X is as good as any other dog on here :doglick:...............Ron

I agree ron my boy is husky x gsd too and they are a wonderful mix

Taiya is a Akita / Husky x - or that's what the RSPCA said anyway LOL! Paid the £120 rescue fee for her - i've always been of the mind it's better to rescue but that's just me! When we were looking for Blue, i looked around at different rescue fees and when I found Blue on preloved offered £170 when they were asking £250-300 for him - they said because we'd got experience with a bigger dog and he was obviously going to a pro-dog house they'd accept :D

Here's a couple of pics of my Taiya our Huskita (never even heard of that name till now!)

post-322-1358608339721_thumb.jpg

post-5288-13585981490977_thumb.jpg

post-5288-13585981491874_thumb.jpg

i think its different tho - mixed race and cross breeding is NOT the same - whos to say whos cross breeding dogs is doing any health tests n making sure these dogs dont have genetic problems sumwhere down their lines - i can bet its not very many - dont get me wrong - i dont dislike x breeds - i have a x breed of my own hes a staffy x whippet and he is my world - b4 skyla or blaze - he was my first ever dog so i have a stronger bond with him then i do the other 2 - i still have a ridicously strong bond with the other 2 but me n bings have practically grew up together - he was however a rescue dog - so cost around £75 donation to the shelter - i really however DO NOT agree with spending a small fortune on a x breed - just because it has a fancy name like labradoodle ect - and as u will see in my other posts in this thread i have said as such and said that its up2 the OP how much he feels he would like to pay for an xbreed - point is - you can get pure breeds for as little as £200 so i would not pay more than that for an x breed - thats all

btw i see this is ur first post so welcome to the pack

Thank you and firstly sorry for the spelling . that sure was a good beer lol;

I think the point i was making was that before i had seen my lovely sandwich snatcher . i had not thought about getting a dog , but this guy stole our hearts it wouldnt have made a diff if he was a labradoodle , (strange but true i know someone who has one , baddddddddddddd move ) It was him that we fell in love with , how intelligent are these things ffs or maybee its how stoopid i am lol. If i had wanted a husky or akita i woulda went and got one , but its lik peopleare saying were being ripped off and all these monster hounds will roam the streets . so hes just changed our lives , eaten my sarnies and gimme a kiss . my wife aint that loving