~*Meeting people through your Husky?*~

Snow Wolf

hi guys!

I just wanted to ask you guys if its the same with you:

ever since I got my girl, I have met, talked with, and befriended so many people - because of her. Every time I take a walk with her, there's at least one person who stops and comments on her eyes, coat, anything.... I've already made so many friends through her, and actually got to know my neighbourhood in a way I never did in all the time we've been living here.

Just today, I spend half an hour talking with a woman who just lost her own husky, and asked me if maybe she could buy one of the pups if my girl ever has a litter ^^' wow...not even a year old, and already her offspring are wanted? o.O

well, do you have any special friends/interesting people etc. you met through your husky?

-Sakura

• Replies 52
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

i have met some great people via my girls.. but mainly 4 i now train and socialize with..and have become very good friends and speak to most days in one way or another..

i have become very popular with the parents at my Grandsons school now due to last years pet show pretty much all of them know who i am .. which is nice but as my van stands out .. its a bit off putting when i am forever getting cars i dont know flashing and tooting lol..

every time i walk in local pub no one asks how i am ..lol its always hows the dogs..

people i didn't know would stop and chat and now allways say hello..

oh and i better not forget ... my great mate Nixy... who allthough don't get to see often we do share a fair amount of text's lol..

well 1st of all

ive met all of you :clap:...cyberly but better than nothing!

then,the amount of oo's and ah's we get when out is unbelievable,and ive also found and been in touch and meet regularly with Shadow's litter mates:heartbeat:

I have met quite a few people on here who I now consider family, people who have traveled many miles to see me and visa versa! I have met some wonderful people who rescue who I have enormous respect for.

And when out and about I will always get asked questions and talked to about huskies. I try to be as honest as I can and hope that my honesty will put off the those who just think their pretty looking dogs and encorage those who would really make good husky owners.

Like someone I got chatting to outside a tesco while waiting for my mum the other day who had done very extensive research on the breed but wanted an owners opinion, I answered his questions and because of our chat he has descided he would be better suited to a slightly more bidable breed as he wants a dog that can go off lead. I call that a win as he will now go and get a breed more suited to his needs rather than jumping into husky ownership and either finding it not for him and giving the dog up or worse letting the dog off and it getting killed! :)

Met most of you nutcases. . . :):grouphug:

would have made a lot of local friends if we didn't have

Echo. . . aka Psycho barky beast.:evil:

Then again she probably keeps away an equal number of nutters. . . :arghh:

@Kirbysowner, yup, Sakura is my real name ^^ thanks a lot!

I feel like our dogs just socialize US xD I'm so happy to have my girl... I'm a rather timid person usually, so she has helped me get to know people I usually wouldn't have the courage to talk to. (pff Shila's trying to squeeze her big but on my lap, and she keeps trying even though it's failing-silly girl)

Andy, Echo is just misunderstood lol :monkeydance:

LOL yeah, Dave

but she's misunderstood loudly, with teeth. . . :jawdrop:

First Bo, and now Ryn, have introduced me to many of their fans...

I don't know who enjoys it more.......the husky or I

It's fun sharing about the breed and to watch as their eyes light up when someone calls them beautiful. (Even Bo would begin his husky strut when someone called him beautiful. Ryn is the same, though more often than not, she's falling over herself to get to them for a pat or two. Bo would pull his head and tail up and do his husky-strut)

Edit: And I've met a lot of people here that I can now call friend as well.

@Kirbysowner, yup, Sakura is my real name ^^ thanks a lot!

I feel like our dogs just socialize US xD I'm so happy to have my girl... I'm a rather timid person usually, so she has helped me get to know people I usually wouldn't have the courage to talk to. (pff Shila's trying to squeeze her big but on my lap, and she keeps trying even though it's failing-silly girl)

i know what u mean - im slowly overcoming my shyness thanks to my pups - u kind of cant NOT talk to people when u have huskies

Yep, I've met so many people since we've had Dax - the owners of our local pub have three husky crosses and there's another full husky in the village, we often meet up to let 'the pack' have a hoon about, and it goes without saying that we are stopped everywhere we go to stroke her and have questions asked.

Of course lots of people from here too, special mention must go to Meesh and Jennifer for making me feel so welcome at the meet last year! :) Hopefully I will meet some more on Sunday at Dogs Unleashed and will be spending the day with the SHWA volunteers there too.

I've met so many people, mostly thanks to this forum :D

We meet up regularly, and there are a few I consider close friends :wub:

aww Sid your to Kind! :P

But ye I've made a couple of friends thanks to Kita, Dogs in General make it so much easier to chat to people randomly though lol :D

awwwww, I feel all warm and Fuzzy Inside :D.

But seriously you wouldn't believe the difference having Kita has made in my life and the people I've met because of her, specifically you Sid, Don't worrey I won't get to Soppy :P, thats a time for when I'm Drunk, ha! :P

what used to be a 10 min walk could take an hour with the huskies! Everyone wants to say hello to them, they love Myshka's eyes & colouring but they can't resist a cuddle with Diesel! It has made us so many friends, although it does mean Grumpy Busted has to be social & speak to people from time to time, but hey!! :lolman: And I have met a lot of you crazy lot on here, so that is a bonus!!