~*Meeting people through your Husky?*~

Snow Wolf

Yup. Apart from wanting a sibe ever since I was 4, that is why I got a sibe. I have abnormally high anxiety and slight agoraphobia. I was prescribed a dog by my therapist to help me calm down in public places. When I see the people who pet Kissu and comment how pretty he is, it makes me less afraid of people and also brings me out of my comfort zone to educate them.

He actually has a play date with an akita from the dog park, but because of being low on money and gas, we havent been able to go. :(

My mom and Kissus breeder joke that its funny that instead of me getting a rescued sibe, a sibe rescued me.

• Replies 52
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I'm amazed at the way people will stop and comment about my husky. Like others have said, I have met many more people in my neighborhood because of him. I've actually had people stop their cars and comment on his looks. I have to admit, I do enjoy it as well. Little kids especially like to come out and visit with him. We even have some neighborhood children who now knock on our door to ask if Sabaka can come out and play! What other breed gets that kind of reaction?

I'm so happy I got to meet you guys on here <3

Also, It's happened so often that a younger kid would point at my girl and say "Wolf! Wolf!" ^^ I just think it's so cute, and the parents usually stop for a chat after that... well, I'll be heading out for a walk now :3

Thats the same with our 2 espicially when we 1st got them i remember when they were about 10 weeks old and somene asked if they could have a puppy when we breed!! We have no intention to but thats not even in question anyway when there that age but yeah! Everyone always stops to talk about them now its amazing really how just having a pup/dog sparks up so much conversation with people

yep....before i found this place we were so alone and struggling with an 8wk old pup lol......we were going through hell so i put a search into google and found this site...the rest they say is history :D

i have made so many great friends on here...most of you i have met and do see regulary (okay not as much as i like but i do try ;)) and some i havent met...but even though i havent met them i know that if it came down to it they would help me out if i ever needed it :D

so yeh i have made friends through shiloh in a way ;)

First Bo, and now Ryn, have introduced me to many of their fans...

I don't know who enjoys it more.......the husky or I

It's fun sharing about the breed and to watch as their eyes light up when someone calls them beautiful. (Even Bo would begin his husky strut when someone called him beautiful. Ryn is the same, though more often than not, she's falling over herself to get to them for a pat or two. Bo would pull his head and tail up and do his husky-strut)

Edit: And I've met a lot of people here that I can now call friend as well.

well i class you as a friend i still have to meet.. lol but im sure one day we will meet..

We do get stopped a lot with Timber. Everyone wants a pet of him and they all comment how soft and cute he is. Of course he loves the fuss! I do find it pretty rude tho when people start quizzing me about how much he cost. I find that a bit cheeky as I wouldn't turn round and ask them how much their stuff costs.

One thing that really got my back up was just after Timber was able to out. I had to go to tesco and cos you can't take him in the shop I arranged for my oldest daughter to meet me in town cos she had some free time from sixth form (two girls had school uniform on) so Stephanie and her friend met me outside there. They sat on a bench just by the doors while I went inside. This man came on to them wanting to know if they had "found the dog cos he wants one". Timber had collar/tag on and his harness. My daughter and friend then told him that he was ours and that I was in the shop. He did hang around a little bit but went. I found that rather worrying and it did make me angry! But on the whole being out and about with Timber is always a conversation starter.:)

i know what u mean - im slowly overcoming my shyness thanks to my pups - u kind of cant NOT talk to people when u have huskies

you're shy? REALLY????!!!!!!!

:whistling::nooo:

Actually, I totally understand that comment.......I used to be a shy person myself, but my love of writing and my job quickly put an end to that!

awwww thanks becky xxxxxx :) im getting better - slowly starting to chat more n more thing is i dont have MUCH to talk about other than the dogs lol xxxxxx

Me either..........well, I do, but my girl and husky talk in general are my favorite thing to blab on and on about!

Well, I've met people sure; a few pro mushers, a skijour person who I hope will help me learn things about that sport but I think the best has actually been coming here to "meet" you all. There are so many people here to admire and all it's amazing.

awwww thanks becky xxxxxx :) im getting better - slowly starting to chat more n more thing is i dont have MUCH to talk about other than the dogs lol xxxxxx

i am forgetful and shy so i tend to not say anything because 1 i don't know what i have said, and 2 i worry if i might have said it already.

lets face it who isn't nuts about their huskies, i could talk about my 2 quite happily

I can't say I have met anyone because of the huskies - except on here. When we meet anyone while out with them, I usually walk on a bit or keep to one side and my husband does the talking. I am very, very shy. He gets annoyed with me and says I come across as rude :(

Most people meeting me wouldn't have a clue that I'm shy - I tend, however, to try to avoid situations where I really would be uncomfortable, and with a dog there to break the ice, I am quite comfortable. I have a horrible time connecting names with faces, so remembering new peoples' names can be awful, especially since I am a (relatively new) teacher. I hate social situations where I don't know anyone, or know just one other person who knows everyone else - at least when there aren't dogs present! I was a terribly awkward geek in high school, and never quite outgrew it - just learned a few social skills, and how to hide it a bit better! ;)

I was even worse than I am now when I was in school, so I always had my head in a book. It used to drive my parents crazy as they were both very social outgoing people - so are all my siblings. Black sheep = me

i know that feeling - im the black sheep with my family, i sometimes feel that way with my friends too

i know that feeling - im the black sheep with my family, i sometimes feel that way with my friends too

ditto to both of you!

i still do have some non husky friends but my life centers around my babies-i would never have met my closest friends without this place (thanks saz n mark!) and my life would be very souless with out you guys xxxx

oh same here :D I've been living in my neighborhood for almost 5 years now and I have never talked to any neighbor of mine. All I know is that this area is full of doglovers and dog-owners. But then Dime came to my life and since day one I was surrounded by new friends :) Be it neighbors or internet friends ;) If I don't have Dime I will never meet you guys right :D