The Pawpack Huskies!!.One Man and his Dogs!!

basketcase687

• Replies 30
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Thank you,you must be thinking the sun is always shining here!!.Believe me,it doesn't!!:D

LOL, I've always maintained I'm very grateful that my ancestors left Britain - too much rain there for me! That said - when better to take pictures than on a beautiful, sunny day?!

LOL, I've always maintained I'm very grateful that my ancestors left Britain - too much rain there for me! That said - when better to take pictures than on a beautiful, sunny day?!

I always think how much easier it must be having huskies in a better climate.I hate the winters so much.We only let them out into the garden one at a time,cos they play like mad and get each other all mucky,then its cleaning their paws!!.Every time I take them out they come back muddy.I could stick to the roads but ours pull so much they are easier off lead.Our local wood is a no go area,so we stay in the fields. It takes me longer to clean them all up as to walk them!!.We go through rolls and rolls of kitchen paper!.This winter it will be x 4!!.Last winter we had snow for a week,and it was so good cos they didn't get dirty!!.I loved the snow more than they did!!:D

I always think how much easier it must be having huskies in a better climate.I hate the winters so much.We only let them out into the garden one at a time,cos they play like mad and get each other all mucky,then its cleaning their paws!!.Every time I take them out they come back muddy.I could stick to the roads but ours pull so much they are easier off lead.Our local wood is a no go area,so we stay in the fields. It takes me longer to clean them all up as to walk them!!.We go through rolls and rolls of kitchen paper!.This winter it will be x 4!!.Last winter we had snow for a week,and it was so good cos they didn't get dirty!!.I loved the snow more than they did!!:D

:D We had snow for months! You're right, it makes life much easier as far as cleaning up dogs - slightly damp is much better than mucky! The down side is having to shovel it out of some areas, and not being able to hose out the outdoor kennel runs, which don't stay as clean as I'd like. I also had a drift high enough in the dogs' yard that I had to be out with them any time they were out, as they could almost have looked over the top of the 6' tall fence and simply hopped over!

post-7-13586074801676_thumb.jpg

post-1869-13585971809223_thumb.jpg

:D We had snow for months! You're right, it makes life much easier as far as cleaning up dogs - slightly damp is much better than mucky! The down side is having to shovel it out of some areas, and not being able to hose out the outdoor kennel runs, which don't stay as clean as I'd like. I also had a drift high enough in the dogs' yard that I had to be out with them any time they were out, as they could almost have looked over the top of the 6' tall fence and simply hopped over!

[ATTACH=full]12210[/ATTACH]

Gotta love Iowa Snow. :D

[ATTACH=full]12210[/ATTACH]

Wow,and I thought we had snow!!.Amazing pic.Your dogs are truly snow dogs:D.Do you have any pics of them in the snow?:)

OMG I love your dogs. I love that picture of you with all of them, it is SO cute!

If Brandon would let me, I would have 5 too :P

Thank you,Wow,Do you come from Maine?.Stephen King land,I read about it all the time!!Amazing place where everything bad happens!!;)

Wow,and I thought we had snow!!.Amazing pic.Your dogs are truly snow dogs:D.Do you have any pics of them in the snow?:)

Oooohhh, I have LOTS of pictures of them in the snow! :evil: Here are a couple...Kodi, Rory and Tux are all my old buddy Shad's kids. the three in the last picture are Kodi's three kids (littermates), Raf (front), followed by Angel, then Jazz. Kodi is my lil' chunk - much less leg and more compact than I like, but I used him because of the pedigree (Shad) and he has the most sweet, lovable personality!

post-1262-13586074807476_thumb.jpg Raphael, Angel and Jazz (who prefers 'Jasmine', thank you very much!)

post-1869-13585971811253_thumb.jpg

post-1869-13585971811699_thumb.jpg

post-1869-13585971812461_thumb.jpg

post-1869-13585971812939_thumb.jpg

Ummm... for the most part! I could have done without that particular drift, however! ;)

LOL - well yeah, if anything that drift was a pain for you and a tease for the dogs. :D

The fence you use, is it welded wire (I think that's what it's called)? How is it compared to chain link? Still working on fencing options myself and I need more ideas other than chain link.

LOL - well yeah, if anything that drift was a pain for you and a tease for the dogs. :D

The fence you use, is it welded wire (I think that's what it's called)? How is it compared to chain link? Still working on fencing options myself and I need more ideas other than chain link.

Yes, it's welded wire. It's been up for almost 7 years, now, and I had it at my old place for about 10 years - never had any problem! The problem I have had with chain link (similarly with the panels that I have in my kennels - see below) is that the bottom rail tends to rust away - particularly where the boys pee! Obviously that isn't a problem with the wooden rail around the bottom. The only problem I had when I had it put up (I was not in the area when it went up, but had talked to the idiots beforehand about how it needed to be secure because they're escape artists) was that they worried about having the top pretty and level - and there were gaps of a foot or even more below the bottom rail in spots! There was one spot that was so bad that one of my girls could fairly easily have ducked a little bit - but not much - to get under it! I had to have someone haul in gravel and build up everything below the bottom rail... :(:angry:

[ATTACH]12218[/ATTACH]

post-1869-13585971813349_thumb.jpg

Thank you,Wow,Do you come from Maine?.Stephen King land,I read about it all the time!!Amazing place where everything bad happens!!;)

I grew up in Massachusetts, but as of August 14th, I will have lived in Maine for half my life (if that makes sense?). I have always loved Stephen King's work. This is a beautiful place to live, though. Perfect for my husky!

Oooohhh, I have LOTS of pictures of them in the snow! :evil: Here are a couple...Kodi, Rory and Tux are all my old buddy Shad's kids. the three in the last picture are Kodi's three kids (littermates), Raf (front), followed by Angel, then Jazz. Kodi is my lil' chunk - much less leg and more compact than I like, but I used him because of the pedigree (Shad) and he has the most sweet, lovable personality!

[ATTACH]12212[/ATTACH] Kodi [ATTACH]12213[/ATTACH] Rora [ATTACH]12215[/ATTACH] Tux [ATTACH]12217[/ATTACH] Raphael, Angel and Jazz (who prefers 'Jasmine', thank you very much!)

Thank you,great pics,they are all amazingly beautiful.Think they should have been in ''Eight Below'' Look like real movie stars to me!!:D

I grew up in Massachusetts, but as of August 14th, I will have lived in Maine for half my life (if that makes sense?). I have always loved Stephen King's work. This is a beautiful place to live, though. Perfect for my husky!

Good to know another Stephen King fan!! I'm sure it's a beautiful place,and nothing bad happens there does it??!!:D

Beautiful pack!:heartbeat:

Any rain you don't want, please send immediately to Texas....thanks! We need LOTS of rain.:help:

It's raining here as I write!!.I wanted to take the pack out nice and early but I'm waiting now for it to stop,but forecast is showers for next few days!!The great British Summer!!:(:(:mad:

Good to know another Stephen King fan!! I'm sure it's a beautiful place,and nothing bad happens there does it??!!:D

Haha, pretty much.

Our news is like "They built another church up the road..."

Most of the big crimes that are committed here are by out-

of-state people. Anything that is news worthy.

The downside to "Vacationland" is that we have NOTHING

to do if you are a local.