After a 2 mile run...recovery

Removed #2

Wow,those guys are panting!!I'm curious to know!!How did you run them for 2 miles??.Would like to be able to wear mine out like that!!;)

Walky - Dog....they run while we ride the bikes...they wear a harness, attach to the bike, and when we start, they look and sound like the photos of sled dogs waiting to get hooked up...so, so excited. They pull us for the first half of the ride, we often have to slow them down with the brakes and commands....lots of "on by" because of the stupid people on the path that stand with their mouths agape and forget about the dogs on flexi leads....but they absolutely love it. Andy hardly runs...just walks really really fast, and Jack is a galloper, but he has much shorter legs and a stockier build. They are still exhausted. Wish we could do it in the morning before work, and it's not that it takes too long, barely 20 minutes, but they drink so much after, that they pee for the next 2-3 hours. Today Jack didn't even make it to tell us....on his way to the door, couldn't hold it. I felt bad cause it really was our fault. Got him outside, and it was pouring rain, and he really continued to pee for an entire minute!!! That's a lot. They do love to run!!!!:dog3::woohoo::dog3::huskyfall:

Oh,I see.We have an attachment that goes from our bike handlebars,and is kind of springy,which you can then attach a lead or harness too.Maybe similar.We don't use it often,as I'm afraid that I will get pulled off my bike if Thunder sees another dog etc!! As you say,it is a quick way of exercising them if in a hurry!!:D

...Wish i could do that... (bikejoring):( it would be exiting for both of us...but our jogging route is a busy-busy-busy street...lots of fast motorcycle (we have a lot here), car, public transportation...plus he will pull me if he saw cat, other dog (either stray or inside the fence of somebody elses house), especially if a horse passing by...it's an accident waiting to happened...:dog3:

2 miles of hard running....they are down for a while. Do you run them?

my 2 get restless, despite being walked for a minumum of 3 hours a day up to 6 hours. When i say walked they are actually off lead and exploring and running about like nutters.

we have to steer clear of areas with deer as micha can run them down the smaller varieties which are capable of 30mph.

sometimes we have other plans and cant spend any more than 2 hours at one time, so we hop on our mountain bikes and run them down the canal to the next town and back (10 mile round trip) with the odd break for sniffing something interesting.

suki is a husky x malamute so she tires first, but micha can run for hours and hours, and seeing as we are by water she dives in and is cool again and off running.

we try to keep the running down as much as possible, as they get fitter and end up needing more exercise.

my 2 get restless, despite being walked for a minumum of 3 hours a day up to 6 hours. When i say walked they are actually off lead and exploring and running about like nutters.

we have to steer clear of areas with deer as micha can run them down the smaller varieties which are capable of 30mph.

sometimes we have other plans and cant spend any more than 2 hours at one time, so we hop on our mountain bikes and run them down the canal to the next town and back (10 mile round trip) with the odd break for sniffing something interesting.

suki is a husky x malamute so she tires first, but micha can run for hours and hours, and seeing as we are by water she dives in and is cool again and off running.

we try to keep the running down as much as possible, as they get fitter and end up needing more exercise.

WOW...don't think I'll have to worry about them going 10 miles, because I probably can't. Running them on the bikes is the best for us, and no doubt, they sound much more laid back than yours! Good luck keeping them tired!!!:kimba2:

i wish mine where tired out after 2 miles

yeh me to.. lol i run mine for 2 mile and they still have energy to pull like steam trains... normallyi do about 4- 5 on rig:kimba2: in morning with mine .. then i get sleeping dogs for the afternoon.. lol but come the evening they would happily do it all again..