my husky pregnant n i need help!! plz

Just a thought - if your vet advised you to get your information from a web forum, I would change vets as a matter of urgency. Whereas forums can be a source of good information, they can also be a source of completely wrong information which could put your dog at risk. Your vet should know this stuff not abandon you to the doubtful mercies of the internet!

Mick

Ohhhh Mick your so cheery! :D

Though quite right! Unless you ment the vet said to go on site as in go to the vets??...

• Replies 59
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Ohhhh Mick your so cheery! :D

Though quite right! Unless you ment the vet said to go on site as in go to the vets??...

Having pups is a very serious business - there are so many things that can go wrong, that you need a good vet as back-up!

Anyway, why would I be cheery - I love being a grumpy old man - it's one of the few benefits of growing old!!!;)

Mick

Having pups is a very serious business - there are so many things that can go wrong, that you need a good vet as back-up!

Anyway, why would I be cheery - I love being a grumpy old man - it's one of the few benefits of growing old!!!;)

Mick

haha :P Though I find grumpy old people hilarious! ;)

indeed it is, I never new how serious it was until joining the forum :)

Danielle,

All girls react like this, we take ours out on a lead for the first few days. They won't go further than a few feet outside the door but usually enough to do what they need to do. Eventually they get fed up of the whole thing and quite happily leg it outside, not for a few weeks though ;).

Personally we would not give milk to the bitch (or in fact any of our dogs unless they are post op/ill), just try her with fresh meat mixed with her kibble. She needs to take on board a lot more calories than normal to help her continue to produce enough milk to feed her babies. You can try baiting her water with a little meat to encourage her to drink.... very important she has access to water at all times.

Good luck.

Lynn

You'll want to make her go out on lead - otherwise she won't go, by the sound of things! She will need LOTS of water - if she isn't drinking, that's cause for concern, potentially. Does she feel overly warm, like her temperature might be elevated? If there were anything retained in her (a placenta or an unborn/stillborn pup), it could cause infection that would cause her to not eat and drink. Otherwise, some of them are just smart enough to know that if they DO eat and drink, they're going to NEED to go out - and she obviously doesn't want to leave her babies! You can try serving her her kibble (better a very high quality food, preferably one made for puppies, as she'll need loads of calories to produce milk to feed everyone!) mixed with water and something extra to tempt her appetite. I often add yogurt, cottage cheese, or canned mackerel in, which adds more protein and flavor, plus in the case of the yogurt, extra probiotics for the gut, which will be working overtime. (I usually give a meal of raw chicken daily, as well!)

They're adorable, by the way!

:congrats:

vet told us give her puppy milk latous in her water just little bit, she eating and drinking now and will go walk on lead and do what she has 2. she only eat chicken or tuna going get her something today from butches any ideas what best with everything she needs. nope she not hot. vet said as she was 1st time mum and labour was bout 3 days she was very tired and restless. they all doing well seem be always 1 that never wanna leave nipples.