I found a husky!

Sonia

• Replies 55
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The girl who had it obviously just wanted any pet she was advertising for a kitten at 1st then saw the post and decided have a dog. Hope she can look after it right she looks to me like a young single mum with a toddler. I have said on the post that if for any reason it does not work out let me know 1st.

aaaww don't be so sad, you'll find your husky friend soon =) Sumtimes life has the worst way to make you feel happy LOL you have no idea how long I've been waiting for Diamond :P Just keep looking, you'll know when a husky is destined to be yours ;)

What age do the hips and eyes get tested? Is it important to know the parents scores also?

It will be hard to know everything about the dog's parents if he's a rescue =\ but if you're going to get ur puppy from a breeder then the answer is YES IT'S IMPORTANT.

Dime is a rescue... I can only hear stories about his parents! :( All I heard is that his daddy is a giant-sized husky and I always pray so that Diamond didn't outgrow a Great Dane one day LOL

Hips and eye test? Hmm idk.. Probably wise to wait until your dog is above 0.5 year old tho.

Another has turned up! Is it my luck this time??? 6 month old male he wants £50 but has been offered more, Waiting on his reply of a price he said he was offered £200 but for the wrong reasons and people are after him to breed but he has had the snip. I am hoping he will stick to the £50 and choose a good owner rather than auction him to the highest bidder!

What I would do is I would get in contact with SHWA or SHWGB HIN etc. They are bursing at the seams. You will have to pay a bit but if you save up you'd be helping charity and if your husband says in september then you have time to look for the right dog in welfaire. Just a mention, I wanted a husky for a year before I got Yuri my Border collie cross. But the time wasn't right. I only got Aya as I knew we were moving into a bigger place. and I've had her 3 months now. It was ages before I got my first husky and the wait was so worth it!