I found a husky!

Sonia

• Replies 55
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Trying not to get too excited but we are going to see him tomorrow!!!!!! Talked the husband round now just need to see if he will take to us at the visit. He is grey and white bi eyed and owner is re homing because his other dog hates him :(

No it went down the pan again. But a woman contacted me and asked if I want a puppy off her. I asked if the will be hip and eye checked and will they be KC reg she replyed They are 4 weeks old now and are huskamutes they can not have hip and eye test untill they are 2??

No it went down the pan again. But a woman contacted me and asked if I want a puppy off her. I asked if the will be hip and eye checked and will they be KC reg she replyed They are 4 weeks old now and are huskamutes they can not have hip and eye test untill they are 2??

parents can be hip / eye tested - but shes right puppies cannot - , they wont be kc reg as they are husky x mal too - bear in mind huskamutes can be much bigger than ur avarage husky - ive met 3 who are all HUGE - theres this 1 boy who is younger then skyla but 3 times her size

I am absolutely FUMING!! my blood is BOILING!! The a** hole that tried to sell me the dog is the one that had the 1st dog I wanted! If you get me? The dog I wanted 1st which I was too late for his gf had the doga nd the next day they were selling him so I am so so angry that they got him in the 1st place. The woman who let them have him is gutted if it was not for them having him he would be here now cuddling on my sofa with me. They paid £50 and sold him on for profit SELFISH A** HOLES! Sorry to vent but as you can see I am raging!

Hun, i'd advise you to not expect much from those personal ad sites. When we were looking for our 2nd we played that stupid game for a few months before Cheyenne fell into our laps. I'd really try a rescue or a shelter much better luck with people who don't want to play games.

it is a bit like that on the advert sites, I had agreed a price for a 3 month old puppy and made a time and date to pick her up and she text me a few hours before pick up to say she had been offered more and was selling her to them instead and they needed the extra money, I was not amused.

pups advertised on the internet are often by puppy farmers, as you have found out, will sell for money, the highest bidder etc, theres also a lot of scams out there. just out of interest... pm me the answer, was the pup who went to the folk who sold the day later from swindon area. we have someone here that we know has been taking in welfares and rehomes then selling on for £400 or more! just wondered if this was the same person up to their tricks again?

as others have said, why not talk to shwa or shcgb welfare as they are overflowing with dogs looking for homes, you have the support they offer once you have taken one on from them and all the advice you could ever need as well. they will have checked the dog out for any potential problems and will make you aware of them so at least you have some idea of what you are getting. dont rush in! take your time and find the right dog for you, dont just jump at the first one to come along and dont be tempted by internet ads for pups for sale. especialy the ones that say you will need to pay them for transportation, someone has died and left them the dog to rehome etc etc. often these are overseas scammers who will take your money and guess what... the dog never arrives!

please consider going to a reputable welfare organisation like siberian husky club of GB ( shcgb - the official breed club ) or to siberian husky welfare association (shwa). personaly i would avoid the 'huskamute' adverts as well or rather siberian x alaskan malamute, many are puppy farmers or back yard breeders.

hope that helps,

matt

The first "breeder" i contacted wasnt able to provide pictures, did not want to talk on the phone and wanted me to pay the whole amount up front. Obviously very fishy. So i didnt bother contacting them back. I stumbled on ebay classifieds the next day and after a while of lurking the site, i was about to give up. I scrolled down and saw an ad for 2 siberian husky puppies.

She had made it hard to find a way to contact her. I think i found a way on her profile page. Since it was so many pages in and she seemingly didnt have any contact info at first, i thought they were probably already sold. But i emailed her anyway, and she emailed me back the next day saying she still had both and neither of them were spoken for. And that because of that i had first pick of the two.

It sounded too good to be true, so i asked her if we could talk on the phone. She said yes. When we talked, we quized each other. In the end of the convo i asked her if we could talk a little every day either on the phone or in emails. She said "yes! Im glad you asked that!"

After forming a sort of relationship and after i picked which one i wanted, she told me she wanted a $100 dollar deposit. She told me that until and after she got it, that it meant he was mine. That the $100 was going to go to getting the parents hip and eye checked for a current up to date bill of health. So it wouldnt be refunded. I told her i understood, and she told me she would send a recept once she got the deposit.

We had set up a date to go get him when he was old enough. But because of money we had to push it back a week. I think that was an alarm for her cause she withdrew contact a little bit after.

But we did go and get him. She let us see the parents, as well as another female husky they had, and an older brother of Kissus from the same parents but another litter. She showed me the akc papers of the parents, and had me sign a contract before paying the full price. And then watched how we were together. Then brought out a puppy pack with some akc info, hip and eye results of the parents, and proof of his first shots. The puppy pack also had 3 toys in it and a baby blanket that had the moms and breeders scent on it.

Then she showed me a akc family tree type thing.

Moral of the story, dont be afraid to form a relationship with who you think has your potential fur baby. If they are unwilling, i would take that as something to look out for. It isnt somthing that needs to be rushed.

Sorry for any mispelling. On my phone.

I really agree with what was said thoughout this post. I have had 1 semi bad experiance and 1 very bad experiance. I guess I should probably share it.

Yuri: Found breeder on an advertisment site, I wasn't really after a dog at that stage, I was more toying with the idea. I knew I wanted one but I wasn't sure if it was the right time. Found the litter, contacted them, fell in love. Paid a £75 deposit for the last boy left. I never went to see the litter because it was far away, but I talked with the lady of the couple who had them a few times. They had said they wanted to keep in touch. Yuri was microchipped in my name, fully vacinated and we got him about 9 weeks old. The breeder brought him to the house because I was going to come up by train so they requested petrol money for saving me money and a journey. I have sent update emails to them, but bar 2 or 3 times I've called them in the past year they have shown no interest. I have now given up on them because they obviously arn't interested anymore, they had their cute pups and they are gone and got the money which they spent on holiday. Moral of the story, go to a reputible breeder that cares about their dogs for the rest of their life.

Flynn: I found Flynn on preloved he was avertised as a rehome. Selling due to move, good with kids, other dogs etc. I called them up and went the same day to go and see him. Paid my £200 and took him home that day. It started to click when she wouldn't let me in the house, but she told me that her kids would get upset if she saw him leave, gave me the sob story, said he was vacinated and that she'd pass the papers after she'd moved house and wanted me to keep in touch on facebook. Gave an email address and asked me to keep in touch. She cried when he was leaving.

After a few weeks I called up and asked about the vacinations, then asked which vet they were done at so I could find out myself. Nothing... so I started calling around. Found a few places that that dog had been registered, by that address but it was not the dog she'd told me. It was a dog with the same name (Flynn is not his orriginal name). One vet said it sounded like a simular story, she'd had another person call about the same litter. So I left my number and got in contact with another lady who had Flynn's sister. Between us we think that it was a puppy farm. When she didn't let me in I should of walked away. Flynn stank of cigarette smoke, had quite big matts in his fur and only knew how to sit. He was not house trained and didn't know any other tricks at all. We started training him and he was a very fast learner.

But he was bullying Yuri, or maybe it was Yuri bullying Flynn, I'll never know. But because Yuri came first my loyalties were to him. Yuri and Flynn were fighting and my daughter fell in the middle and got bit (We arn't 100% sure it was Flynn but it could of been). It was an accident but because they wouldn't stop fighting it was becoming stressful. Flynn would chase Yuri away when he tried to hug me and Yuri became depressed. Flynn wasn't very well as he had a bad tum, he was howling and the neighbours were complaining. I tried to persevere but my husband finally told me we had to rehome him. I was absolutly heartbroken, but a forum member on here came and had him and he's doing so well with her.

In a way I am angry for letting myself get scammed by that woman (I still never got anything about vacnations) but I'm glad I got Flynn out of there and in a home where he is loved and is happy. But I'm still sad that home isn't with me. He was a really cuddley guy, just didn't get on with Yuri and growled at Ayrria when she touched his poorly tum. Moral of the story, stay away from back yard breeders, or you'll get your heart broken.

I am telling you this for a reason. I couldn't wait for a dog and got Yuri and although I was lucky with him and he has no health problems, it could of turned out bad. With Flynn I ended up loosing over £200 and more importantly my heart was broken as I had to give him up, he just wasn't the right dog for our family. I still get really sad about what happened with Flynn, but I am lucky because his new owner is on here and on facebook and sends me updates and we keep in contact. But I do miss him a lot.

I will never ever let my self get scammed again, and in future if I want a puppy I will go to a reputible breeder, if I want a private rescue I will only take free to good home or I will go to SHWA or HIN etc and adopt from them and have my £200 go to charity instead of the back pocket of a back yard breeder.

Sorry this post was so long, but learn from my mistakes, don't get your heart broken by rushing into things.

It wasnt easy for me to be so forward and eager to form a relationship with his breeder either. Ive said in another post that i have abnormally high anxiety and slight agoraphobia, so for the first week of forming a relationship i kept having to calm myself down, and eating tums to help stop nausea. But it was well worth it and something i knew i had to put up with.

What i was thinking about is what questions i would ask if i was a breeder, and what i could do to protect my pups. If Glacier Pine Huskies (Kissus breeders title) had answered even one trivial question wrong i would have moved on. To this day GPH is still the closest breeder to me, being 700 miles(ish) away.

She had even been semi affiliated with a hotel in the next biggest town over, so we got a discount for getting one of her pups.

I agree with everything that has been said on here, all 3 of my pups are rehomes for one reason or another

Shadow my kc malamute was a rehome as her previous owner who paid the full £800/850 for her could no longer manage her as her circumstances changed she knew i was waiting for one through shwa etc and i got her i stayed in contact with her for a few months but eventually we lost contact i think she was convinced she had settled and she was in a loving home-we ended up with the problems though the sensitive tummy she doesnt digest protein very well and suffers from seperation anxiety which brings me to our next pup,

Kia is our huskamute rehomed through a local dogs home someone paid £500 for her and found out she wasnt full pedigree so gave her up at 8 weeks or so, we got her from the dogs home aged 14 weeks and have never looked back since as she has eased our problems with shadows seperation anxiety (shadows mine and used to eat my stuff whilst i was out even when matt was in)

we werent really looking for a 3rd but when i saw the pics of him in the rehome secion on this site i fell in love straight away and convinced matt i was going down to meet him and see how it went he wasnt 100% with at first then i showed him the pics and he was like ok but dont get too involved just in case, i built up a friendship with his owner through here and FB and the phone, i went down with gthe girls and all was great and i brought him home and hes been great ever since and matt has taken to him so well its like we've had him forever, i know his original "mum" misses him loads i would be the same if i had to give up one of my babies but im so lucky that i ended up with all 3 of mine and i think it was all fait and was meant to be, and Flynn is still a big cuddly bum-he growls at the other 2 when they come over for cuddles but shadow growls deeper and he shuts up and gets off so she can come up and kia well she just sits on his head lol

In between shadow us getting kia though we did get a rescue through shwa but we had give him up after 3 days as he was too strong for us, had a snap at my younger sisters that were looking after him whilst we went out and went for matt (who was still scared of dogs at thhis point) so we said enough was enough he'd eaten through a solid oak door, battered the kitchen door and wouldnt settle regardless of what we did, to this day i still feel like i let him down but i know he has been rehomed to a farm where they are working him and he has really settled with them.

the reason i have put all this is to say that sometimes even the rehome places get it wrong when they dont do a proper homecheck etc but when its meant to be it will happen and it will make you so happy but dont give up and please do think about rescue dogs as they are the ones which are in need of a loving home which i know you can offer them.

The puppy I went for was from my are Staffordshire. The woman who sold them the husky was so mad that she had not let me have it. The woman that sold it onto contacted me to say he is fine he will be looked after and the also tricked her into paying more. They told her they had him from a puppy and this was not the case. I only went for him as he looked exactly like the 1st one I went for which it did turn out to be in the end. They have been buying cheap animals on the facebook group and selling them on for profit people have realised this over a few months so hopefully thier names will be spread about too much now and no one will sell or give their pets to them.

I was just so mad that I had lost out for someone selfish needs and the husky got hurt in the process because their dog attacked it. I am considering reporting them to the RSPCA? from what I know the are on benefits too so I have informed the fraud place on-line to let them know they are making profit from animals and I emailed the animal lifeline to let them know they said to inform RSPCA and the local council for the area. I am waiting untill September now like the husband said he also wants a husky 100% but wanted to wait until September so we are a little more financially stable as car insurance and tax has just been paid so it makes sense. I just saw an opportunity for a £50 husky and went for it. Wont be rushing into it again. I will look at the shcgb website for future interest thank you :)

I was just so mad that I had lost out for someone selfish needs and the husky got hurt in the process because their dog attacked it. I am considering reporting them to the RSPCA? from what I know the are on benefits too so I have informed the fraud place on-line to let them know they are making profit from animals and I emailed the animal lifeline to let them know they said to inform RSPCA and the local council for the area. I am waiting untill September now like the husband said he also wants a husky 100% but wanted to wait until September so we are a little more financially stable as car insurance and tax has just been paid so it makes sense. I just saw an opportunity for a £50 husky and went for it. Wont be rushing into it again. I will look at the shcgb website for future interest thank you :)

I'm so glad to know that you actually did something to punish these selfish people!! :clap: and btw I agree with your husband, it's better to wait until you're financially stable bcoz taking care of a pet costs a lot =\ And if you're going to adopt, I suggest you adopt a fully-grown husky or maybe a senior one bcoz they're usually much calmer and easier to control than a puppy =)

Quoted from a dogbreed review website--> When you're acquiring a Siberian Husky PUPPY, you're acquiring potential -- what he one day will be. So "typical breed characteristics" are very important.

But when you acquire an adult dog, you're acquiring what he already IS and you can decide whether he is the right dog for you based on that reality. There are plenty of adult Siberian Huskies who have already proven themselves NOT to have negative characteristics that are "typical" for their breed. If you find such an adult dog, don't let "typical breed negatives" worry you. Just be happy that you found a typical individual -- and enjoy!

Hope Karma bites their asses for what they did (with a lil help from me maybe already has);) We are waiting now but if fate steps in and one comes maybe we will take it, who knows hey :) One thing is for sure when I get my fuzzle he/she is staying forever no matter how difficult they are I will make my life fit around his/her needs :cool:

Just got a place at the PDSA charity shop 1 evening a week and did my last exam today mood is high :D

I somehow missed the posts by a couple of you in this page. My problem is I am impatient sometimes, I want to share my life with a husky I know 100% it is the perfect dog for me.

I get very low and depressed at time's and I have only recently come to terms with the fact I may never be a mum again so I am sure that a husky will fill this gap I have. I feel I need something to focus on something to love and care for and get just as much back. I had an ectopic 6 years ago and I was mortified after my mum looked after me as I ended up having an op to remove "the tumour" what I called my baby. I was around 15 weeks gone to the surgeons surprise so the 45minute op turned into a 3 hour op and they cut me like C section. My mum watched my cry and get depressed more and more over 2 weeks so she went and brought me a baby cockateil which I had seen in the pet store a month back he was hand reared by the owner of the store and very tame.

I formed such a close bond with him and I felt so much better and come to terms with loosing my baby with his help, I know it sounds weird a bird doing all this but he did and I loved him so much. I moved to Germany as my husband was in the army and we married so I left my Fruity with my mum until I returned. Last year a month or two before I moved back to England I got a call saying Fruity had accidently been let out well he was in e enjoying the nice weather in his cage in the back. My brother picked the cage up to bring it in and the top doors opened up as he did not use the damn handles and Fruity flew over the houses and was never found. I can never replace him so I decided not to have another bird.