My former Mother-in-law

Neil Sletten

My former MIL is a wonderful woman but she has moments of...I suppose blondness for lack of better terminology.

I was at work reading the comics and one of my favorites is Mother Goose & Grimm. This particular day showed a prison cafeteria with two or three large prisoners in black & white stripes at a table with Humpty Dumpty also in a prison uniform. One of the prisoners was leaned in close to Humpty and the caption read "Hey Dumpty We're going over the wall tonight. You in?"

I lost it and laughed hysterically and my co-worker said what's so funny...I gave him the paper and he just shrugged "ok, I get it but it's not all that funny" By now I'm in tears from laughing so hard and finally said... "No it's not all that funny but I can hear my mother-in-law saying... Why is Humpty Dumpty in jail?!...and completely miss the whole thing of Dumpty & the wall...:duh:

We all know at least one person that this fits...It still makes me laugh and that's been well over 10 years ago.