Last day!

BlueWolf

Tomorrow is my last day working as postman! Feel sad about it but I know it also means I'll be starting a new exiting chapter in my life.

I've started working here in October to fill the gap between the two collages after I left the previous one (IT/Programming) due to the school failing at proper teaching the class. I already knew which college I wanted to switch to but I had to wait a full year before I could enter it. I decided that I should at least do something useful instead of celebrating a full year of 'vacation' so I went working as a postman :) I really enjoy walking and being outside. I don't care if it's bloody hot, raining or freezing cold. I'm happy when I'm outside so it was the perfect job for me.

I walked in my own neighbourhood five days each week, about 2 to 3 (sometimes 4) hours each day. In the course of these 9 months I met quite a lot of new, fun and all other kinds of people. Even the some what crazy ones :rolleyes: There was I guy who I saw every day. And every time he saw me he asked "So when are you going to walk <streetname>?" I responded with that I'm not walking that part and that it's someone else's neighbourhood. "Oh," he said. "But you are going to walk it tomorrow right?". And this went on every single day :D

Without this work I wouldn't have met a lot of people, including two people from a husky kennel. Without this work, I wouldn't even have been to the dunes with them and rode with their huskies.

Oh and Glala and Dana of course. I saw them too almost every day. Every time they saw me the pulled like crazy to get to me. Naturally the whole street could hear it as well :D Ruth said they now pull to all people wearing a black/orange jacket, lmao.

Either way, tomorrow is my last day. I'm going to go to Austria for a week and after that I'll give myself some vacation (like all other people going to school/collage) and after that one... A new chapter in my life. I'm going to follow the collage for animal care. Completely different from my last college, but this is what I really want: Working with animals, preferable wild animals. I had to wait a year, but it's finally going to happen! EXITING!

---

So. That turned out to be a long essay, sorry for that :rolleyes:

I think it's just a long form of saying that exiting things will happen in my life, and that starting from Saturday I'll be away on holiday for a week. Think that's what I originally wanted to say anyway :D

Starting down a new path is always filled with mixed emotions. All the best to you Jos. You'll excel I'm sure.