What a nightmare at the Vets today !

lebe03

I went to the vets today to collect Polee after her check-up but when I arrived at the reception they asked how I wanted to pay the £1983 bill. To which I calmly replied that the claim has been submitted by my Vets to my insurance company as a direct claim. I was then shocked to be informed that they don't deal with insurance companies on a direct basis and I needed to settle the bill there and then. I asked them why nobody had previously mentioned that I needed to settle the bill when I collected Polee following her check-up to which they had no answer.

They also didn't reply when I told them that no matter what Polee wasn't staying with them. perhaps they thought I was joking.

I rang my insurance company but the claims department was closed as it was after 5pm so the vets rang the Insurance companies Vet hotline which was also closed. We eventually agreed to complete a claim form so that they could speak to my insurance company on Monday morning. Why they didn't do this in the beginning is anyone's guess as is why they didn't inform me that their bill needed to be settled when I collected Polee. It's not sufficient notice to hand a pet owner an Invoice for £1983 and expect them to pay it there and then

A result of all this Polee was needlessly stressed by having to wait an extra 45 mins before I could take her home. To add insult to injury I was told this morning that Polee couldn't leave until 5 pm as she needed a discharge appointment with the Vet who could talk me through the results. However when I arrived the Vet had left for the day so I was dealt with by a nurse. If it was acceptable for a nurse to carry out the discharge appointment I should have been able to collect Polee at lunchtime today rather than waiting until 5pm for the vet to be available.

And breathe

Congratulations and :cookies:to anyone who managed to get to the bottom of this rant

OMG they havent handled that very well have they. Did they say anymore about her being attacked in there btw ?

Today we were at the animal hospital that Polee was referred to as our usual vets couldn't perform the operation. They haven't said any more about it since I informed them that if there are any further incidents then both they and the other dog owner will be reported to the authorities without exception. Since the incident Polee is now only treated by the senior partner of the practice.

my god Lee i cant believe all that

i got to the end so cookies please!!:D

what a disgusting unprofessional way to carry on

glad you told them Polee was going home regardless,there are some who might have felt intimidated by it and left their dog:eek:

my god Lee i cant believe all that

i got to the end so cookies please!!:D

what a disgusting unprofessional way to carry on

glad you told them Polee was going home regardless,there are some who might have felt intimidated by it and left their dog:eek:

animated_cookie1504.gif there you go Tania

That's awful. Hope Polee is ok, should have had the oil changed and a turtle wax for that sort of money. :jawdrop: