what to feed your siberian huskys

deborah

we are in the process of changing Suki's food now she's 12 months, after going to Pet's at Home the other day and being told off for using various Tripe flavours in her kibble, Wainwrights was recommended by the helpful assistants (yup all 4 of them, well it was closing is like 5 mins).

I've also seen Taste of the Wild mentioned alot although still can't find anywhere that sells a small bag, can't afford £27 for Suki to spit it out like most other food

We have ours on Dr John Gold, its £10.50 for a 15kg bag . Its the only one we have been able to give Wolf that does not upset his stomach . They have this on its own for one meal in the morn then mixed with chicken early evening and have been healthy off that even though its cheap. If you cant get it from any of your pet shops, you can look for it online. Hope this helps.

i have beeen using dr johns for my other dogs but have had my husky on red mill racer and meat and bone meal trying to perk him up but have found another food which is 28% crude protien called alpna racer dont know what is like yet as not finiehed last sack found doctor johns do be quite good though for a cheaper food

• 2 weeks later...

Our guys (husky and shiba-inu) are on "Peerless", a homemade food that we buy from their breeder. They've grown up on it. We've heard really great things about Acana; they have a salmon based diet which is good for northern dogs because of the extra zinc. If you can find Acana in the UK I'd go with that. Our obedience trainer sells it wholesale for something like $50CAD/30lbs.

i used to use chudleys working crunch..was about £14/15 for 15kg bags.. look for ones that are for working dogs... they tend to be cheaper as VAT free..

I've often wondered about working dog food.

I'm guessing they contain more energy nutrients tho..which has out me off a bit. Our 2 only pull once a week or so, just for run around the town we live, so i wouldn't want them getting too chubby on a diet that they can't burn off sufficiently :cookies:

For price & a hypogellic food I don't think you can go wrong with csj hike on or skinners superior. At £21 a bag for 30% protein it's a good food - there's certainly a lot more expensive for poor quality on the Market

mine are doing well on skinners superior (£21 delivered), they have that am & raw pm. Suits them perfectly but I do keep their food on the lower end if RDA as it's summer & will increase it as they get more exercise when it's cooler