Is this toy safe???

mydiamond

post-8507-13586075438911_thumb.jpg

I bought that around three days ago. It looks somewhat like a dumbbell, but actually it's a toy and exercise tool for doggies. You know... it's a chew toy. But it's made of plastic and I've never heard of an edible plastic O_O Diamond fell in love with that toy quickly and he seem really sad when I take it away from him =\ Well, turns out my boy has grown some sharp teeth there! >.< He chews the toy like it was candy and... oh, here's the damage that Dime done to the toy

post-8507-13586075439742_thumb.jpg

you see?? He's ACTUALLY chewing it! Plastic is no match for his fangs! And what I worry the most is that Diamond didn't spit out all the plastic he chewed-off the toy. Well if it's his toy bone I won't mind bcoz the bone is specially-designed and edible, but what about this? It's plastic, people! Solid hard plastic! How can I allow Diamond chew on this and accidentally eat all the plastic pieces he tear-off? O_O well this thing is a common toy and everyone's dog plays with this.. So I thought the company must have already known the strength of our doggy's fangs, but.. I won't give this toy back to him before I made sure it is safe to chew on. Did any of you has this kind of chew toy at home? Or if not, does this toy sound safe to you? Please reply, all answers are greatly appreciated

post-2850-13585972717226_thumb.jpg

post-2850-13585972718684_thumb.jpg

before i got metal bowls my dog chewed up her plastic bowl... she had green and blue chunkies in her poop, and no problems...

oh? really? well Dime is currently having an upset tummy =\ so do you think I can give it back to him after he recovers?

Diamond would love to chase this thing if I throw it, but he will chew it straight away, doesn't wanna hold it in his jaws at all =.= If I said "come" he will come without the toy bcoz it seems like he never figures out how to carry things in his mouth O_O weird dog! LOL!

No, he's actually pretty typical for a Siberian in that respect. The link I attached above is a pretty good way to teach a dog who isn't clear on the concept of "fetch" what is wanted, step by step... You have to break it down into little steps for them - first you take it, then you hold it, then you give it, then you have to reach a little bit to take it, and eventually it gets on the ground to take it ---- long before you throw it out for them to go, take it, hold it, and bring it back!

yeah me too O_O wondering why the toy make it to the shelves! so I shouldn't give it back to him? I've been keeping the toy out of his reach for a couple of days now >.<

The dumbell is not made for chewing, so I don't understand why you've been made to believe that they are.

Dumbells are made of light weight plastic and are usually used to teach dogs to retrieve. Dumbells shouldn't be left with a dog unsupervised and shouldn't be given as a chewing aid.

If Dime is chewing get yourself a good sized Nylabone. Nylabones can last for years.

Stacey xxx