Summer Work Experience

Hyshqa

Thanks to a strange series of events I've managed to get myself some work experience over the summer with a professional dog trainer! :wave1:

A lady came to my house yesterday to buy two of my mice and happened to mention while she was here that she's doing a canine course and is doing some volunteering with a dog trainer at the obedience classes he runs while she studies. I asked where he was based because I'd be interested in doing something like that but she said he was in Canterbury which is a bit too far for me :violin:I ended up asking her for his contact details anyway and I sent him an email. He told me that once a week he goes to a large breed dog kennel just outside Maidstone, asseses the dog's behaviour and creates individual training programs for the dogs there, so I asked if I could come along with him then and he said it's fine, he seems more than happy to let me shadow him and have him teach me more about training which is going to be invaluable to me since I'm just going into my 3rd year of an Animal Behaviour & Training degree at University :P I'll be going there for the first time next Wednesday and when I get there I'm going to ask the kennel staff if I could volunteer there for a couple of hours on the day I'm there with the trainer as he finishes at about 3pm so I could spare a few hours :clap:

Nice, it'll be great experience.

Be interesting to see if any of it can apply to "Husky problems" :)