Pet-Friendly Workplaces

calvinandmommy

Friday was take your pet to work day here in the states. I found this article about 11 Pet-Friendly Workplaces.....I kinda want to work at a place that allows pets but at the same time not being around my dog all the time is a little nice lol.

http://www.inc.com/ss/11-pet-friendly-workplaces#0

At my old job, I used to get to take my dachshunds every once in a while...it was alot of fun but hard to keep track of them while trying to work! I'm sad I got fired from that job :shithappens:because now I work at a car dealership...and taking a dog there wouldn't be good lol.

I could just see Lobo trying to drive one of the cars...lol:f1:

My friend has his own business and takes his 2 Cavalier King Charles spaniels to work with him every day. They keep the young children entertained whilst the parents look around the showroom.

I have Polee at work with me everyday as I work from home, although at this time of year she spends most of the time in the garden sun bathing.

I am lucky in that I work from my home office; Dakota spends much of his day curled up either under or behind desk or outside if he asks. I do have to put him outside when I'm on a conference call -- sometimes he gets excited when he hears me on the phone, and he starts talking, too. Everybody can hear him when he does, and, of course, it's husky talk, not regular dog noises, so inevitably someone will ask, "What was THAT?"

Often when I do have to go in to the office at headquarters, someone will ask, "How's that talking dog?"

At least they're nice about it!

I'm not sure if mines technically "allowed" to work enough to take on a regular basis but I've taken her in already when no one was going to be around at home and would hope to continue to do so! She was actually really really good

[ATTACH]12819[/ATTACH]

post-5246-13585972903872_thumb.jpg

Hi, I work for myself, so Harley is with me almost all the time. I do my hypnotherapy from home and Harley is allowed to sleep in the room with us or he's just in the kitchen, he's allowed in the gym while I'm doing my personal training clients, and he sleeps at my feet like now when I'm on the laptop...it's so cool, he keeps me stable and calm...so therapeutic!

Smiler

Omryn gets to come to work with me on most Fridays as that's the day I'm wrapping up the newspaper and laying out the next weeks edition for printing. I typically don't do any interviews on that day, so she isn't in the way. (Though last Friday I did do one and she got to go along........she loved it!) She likes to greet anyone who comes in and does quite well - knows who she can greet and who doesn't appreciate dogs.

She spends the day either sleeping under my desk or sometimes in the window where she entices the kids of the community to come in a pet her.

Its a great opportunity to educate people about the breed.

When we have community celebrations, I like to bring her along - again, it's good for her to be used to large groups of people and she loves the attention. She was in last week's edition as we attended a nearby community celebration and she was with me as we walked the midway to get shots for the paper. While the rides were very popular, so was the Princess Ryn who made a number of new friends.

I was recently offered another editor position for two newspapers about 20 miles from here. One of the reasons I didn't take it (though I would have loved the challenge of editing two!) was because it would have meant she couldn't come to work with me as often.

Dang..............I'm a lucky gal!!!!!