doesnt respond to his name.....

Marley & Lumikkis Mummy

So as you probably know we added nanook to our pack a couple of days ago and he doesnt seem to respond to his name.....ive tried saying it all the different ways, nanuck,nanoook, ect... but he doesnt respond at all, not even acknowledges it. The prev owners were called him something like nooknook or nookie or something like that but they also had a completely different accent (they were foreign) so im not sure if he recognises us saying his name.

Last night my brother said the word 'Bear' in conversation and he responded. I then said it to him again too see if it was coincidence and he responded to it again.

We have decided to change his name to 'Bear'

The kids seem happier with the change too as they found Nanook difficult to remember and pronounce.

Anyway so thats it. Meet 'Bear' :D

Love it "Bear"

Boone only answers to his name when there's something in it for him, otherwise he's just an ignorant little git, I think the name for it is "huskyism", a trait of the Husky breed,

There you go new word for explaining your Huskies attitude !lol! !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Bear, hey that's my boy's name :P well we changed it to Kuma Bear, which Kuma means bear so his name is Bear Bear, confused yet? :huskyfall: lol plan is/was to drop the Bear part and leave it at Kuma but we still use Bear alot however he will answer to both haha.

Anyways wonder why he responded to Bear. Did he have any other owners besides the ones you got him from? If so maybe that was his origional name. Either way great name and glad he responds to it :D

Great name, Our first White german shepherd was named Bear.

and he lived up to the name, he was a great big white woolly woof woof. :)