Having two? Does it get better/easier?

Does having two get any easier with time?

They are getting on really well, BUT play ALL the time. Is this quite normal? I mean before with just one I have never encountered this before.

Also should I intervene if I feel it is getting too rough? Too much neck biting etc?

I feel like my living room has been turned into a wrestling arena!

I don't know what others advise but our Storm plays much rougher than Gem so we do intervene if Storm gets too rough, mainly cos Gem is older about 7- 8 years old and slightly smaller with a thinner coat so Storm could hurt her a bit.( I don't mean anything serious). Gem usually tells her when she has had enough but being a husky Storm doesn't always choose to listen.

I don't like my dogs to get too into playing with each other to the point where they get too rough or do it all the time. The dogs I see in my classes who have the most issues focusing and developing a high value for their owner are almost always the dogs who have been allowed to play with other dogs too much to the point where they find other dogs the most valuable reward. I don't want dogs that value each other more than they do me and the rewards I offer, so I wouldn't allow constant play.

ours have a 10 minute madness play about 3-4 times a day,then settle for a sleep.

ive only ever intervened twice,usually i just let them get on with it,but if things are looking like its gettin too rough i would step in.

its only been a few days with you having two,once they are both use to each other i'm sure they will settle down

i have 3 and my boys are huge lol they have mad half hours through out the day, only ever intervened about 2/3 times. They play then they sleep xxxxxx it can be crazy but i love seing them play/interact. 2 are rehomes and when i first got them they had no idea how to play, Loki is great now ans she's a sod at winding the boys up, Thor after 18 months is only just starting to play so nope i'm not stopping this it's great to see he's feeling confident now xxxxxxx

Oh another point I forgot to add was that if my dogs are playing with each other (not often anymore as they just aren't that into it) we had an outside only rule. They are NEVER allowed to play inside in case they knock things over, get pushed into things etc. Outside only when playing :)

When we first rehomed Darwin, Him and Daughtry used to playfight all day long.

It's part of the new dog finding it's place in the pack without them having to have a REAL scrap to

establish pecking order.

They'll settle down soon enough.

my two during the first week together

post-6615-13586075647885_thumb.jpg.jpg]

post-1354-13585973116973_thumb.jpg

how rough can the play get?

when we are out we leave bella alone outside not crated ect and when we get another one we'd want to leave them with bella with freerun of the backyard aswell...

Would that be safe? or no because huskys can play rough?

I strongly recommend that you don't leave them alone together when you first bring a new dog home, be it a pup or older dog.

My three are all run together when I'm not home now, but I always keep new dogs or pups completely separated for at least several weeks (if not months) before leaving them with the other dogs.

how rough can the play get?

when we are out we leave bella alone outside not crated ect and when we get another one we'd want to leave them with bella with freerun of the backyard aswell...

Would that be safe? or no because huskys can play rough?

Willow and Dexter stay outside together when we are out. We had 2 weeks holidays when we got Dexter so he had time to settle in. I do believe they sleep the majority of the time when we are at work.

I wouldnt though leave them unsupervised with a chew bone or anything food related that takes time to chew as they get possesive. Any chews are eaten inside so they cant hide them in the yard. They are fine with toys.

I dont allow mega rough play, they are allowed to play, but i dont want them doing relay over the sofas or making each other squeel, so i step in if its getting out of hand :)

Waaahhhh Grey beats the crap out of Kita when they play! :o :O ....... lol J/K Grey is very Gentle with her actually, Even though she's jumping on him, paws him and pulls his face, she just pins her then lets go :D

Well Jess, My two pull eachothers faces off, yesterday Storm was hopping around the garden on 3 legs because Angel had one of his legs in her mouth!!!!! It can look fierce and vicious but It is just play. I imagine it would be a lot worse if it wasnt.

I've got a funny feeling they will end up sleeping together, but not yet as its too soon.

s

Well Jess, My two pull eachothers faces off, yesterday Storm was hopping around the garden on 3 legs because Angel had one of his legs in her mouth!!!!! It can look fierce and vicious but It is just play. I imagine it would be a lot worse if it wasnt.

I've got a funny feeling they will end up sleeping together, but not yet as its too soon.

Skyla does that to blaze - usually when he turns his back during play - shes a terror

Marley and buddy also bum bash!! Marley wants to play ALL the time, poor buddy does not get a minutes peace and feel for him sometimes, put buddy on a slightly longer leash in the garden so he can get out of reach if he gets fed up with it, our run is still split in two so they are apart when we work, ALL the nastier moments are over food/treats, buddy eats everything within 20 secs whereas Marley stores treats and trouble brews cause buddy goes after them. Cannot believe two huskys can be so different, they are opposites on nearly everything. Would like to point out that Marley now sleeps in the run at night no probs and no longer worries when we go out, before buddy he would whine and worry whenever he was put in the run, I think the company has benefitted Marley no end, early days so possessive over us and gets pissy if I stroke buddy but hope that will subside.