What makes a good forum

nush

• Replies 31
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

i like some of the answers on here, but some are a bit fluffy, the reason i asked the question is that im finding it hard to find any debates on here. i wouldnt want to see unfriendly, sarcastic or outright rude comments, but friendly debates would be nice, maybe i have just not found them yet, so a link or two maybe.

reece

If you would like a debate, why not start a thread in the appropriate section, as long as it's not for debate sake, especially as you are interested in the working section. The majority of members on here have huskies as pets, but there are many who work theirs, I'm sure they'd love a debate with you on that

I joined this forum as a place to learn more about my girl. It's since become a place where I can ask for help without being ridiculed, share my experiences with others, have conversations about day to day things, and I even say Ive made a few friends on here.

My word... welcoming

PS Ive seen a few debates in the past, they're usually on backyard breeding or training methods. You may be missing them, but if you want to know anyones opinions start up a thread :)

Nice thread :up:

For me - I started this place to be a fun, friendly and informative forum where people can meet like minded individuals - i have never wanted this place to be a breeding / showing / working forum mainly because there are already places for that. What i found when researching the net a few years ago was that there wasn't really a husky central for your every day husky owner - the ones like you and me.

I couldn't have gone and asked about how much do i feed my husky for example with people who are so knowledgeable - i'd have felt silly and naive - here, i hope, we've got a place where anyone from any part of the world, any walk of life, can come and ask anything whatsoever, feel welcomed and not ridiculed for asking a question that every husky owner will have at some point wanted to know.

A forum should be a place that is run by people passionate about the forum and it's reason for being there - it should have staff that are open minded, approachable and actively involved. A forum basically is what it's members make it. Rudeness, hateful / spiteful comments should not be tolerated IMO.

Debates - I like a good debate - however more often than not on here, i tend to sit back and "adjudicate" the debate. There are certain topics where things can get out of hand but the bottom line is - every member is entitled to their own opinion and every member has their own beliefs. As long as people agree to disagree when things get more involved, a debate is actually a very good educational thread...........hmmmm i think we need a few more ;)

Ok i've rambled on a bit there but that's my 2 cents!