Who wants to see the newest family member ??

RIOTcore

ok so we got Akira from her previous owners last night, the same day they actually brought her over to see us which was good news, honsetly didn't expect to get her so soon but ah, here she is. She's 7 months old, nearly 8. Took a little while to get used to us, still getting there slowly but surely. She's trained to go in her crate whilst people are out but not trained to sleep in there at night, or atleast I don't think she is. Put her in there last night and she just howled. So took her out, put her in my room, where she just decided to scrape at the door and cry. In the end me and her ended up sleeping in the living room as it was the only place she would settle. Man my back is sore from having to sleep on the couch. Tonight I think I'm going to move the crate into my bedroom if it will fit, and see how she goes when there is somebody in the same room as her whilst she's sleeping (well, I'm attempting to get her to sleep) in the crate. I'll post pictures up later on today. She's a little terror. But oh so worth it. Unfortuantly we get next doors cat in, who likes to think of us as her owners, however the poor thing has been sat outside all night and is still sat outside the front door waiting to come in. It's so sad to see her waiting patinetly, who know's maybe once Akira is all settled in then we may be able to work on introducing them. Her previous owners said they had a cat so we'll just have to wait and see. Kira is now fast asleep on the chair, I think she's just waiting paitently to go on her walk down the vally opposite, however she'll have to wait as I have to go and pick my friend up from the airport soon, I'll take her on a nice long walk after I've come back. Going now to get ready. Will post pictures up later today of the hyper lady herself. :monkeydance::kimba2:

• Replies 28
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

she's broke her toy ball and is now looking around the house for it, we've had to put it in the bin as she broke the squeak and then she ripped it so. She's not intrested in any of her other toys now either haha

thank you xD I don't know whether to leave her in her cage for a while tonight and see if she stops howling, see with her being 7 months she's used to sleeping in her old owners room on her bed but my mum doesn't want that, you know, just incase Akira decides to be destructive at some point in the night.

thank you xD I don't know whether to leave her in her cage for a while tonight and see if she stops howling, see with her being 7 months she's used to sleeping in her old owners room on her bed but my mum doesn't want that, you know, just incase Akira decides to be destructive at some point in the night.

Can the crate be moved into your room?

She is gorgeous... remember those sleepless nights when we brought our girls home... just takes them time to settle. We ended up sleeping downstairs with her in the cage for a couple of nights until she settled...:D now they don't sleep in the crate just in our room on their beds :D

It could be however, i've got my friend over from holland so I don't think there will be room in my room for Akira's crate, I'll try it though.

It worked with Ryn when I brought her home....she was awful about it that first night, so I moved her crate beside my bed and POOF! everyone got a good nights sleep!

Best of luck!

She's lovely. I know for the first week or so I slept on the sofa and Timber was in kitchen sleeping cos he cried and cried when he thought he was on his own. Now when it's bedtime he goes into the kitchen and goes to one of his three spots to sleep and then greets you like a maniac the next morning.:)

Me and my friend moved Kiz's cage into my room last night, we left the door open for her so she could get a could sniff around the room in and out of her cage, all was fine until it came time for us to go to sleep, I shut the door on the cage and she howled alot so ended up sleeping under the camp bed that I have up in my room atm, then jumped onto the bed this morning and greeted like a maniac too haha