URGENT!! Husky Owners Beware

Kodiak's Mum

This is a worry for me at the moment, I have been very aware of a van knocking about on the street that keeps taking an interest in my garden. The front door is open all day and the dogs are able to go in and out. I will be putting a stop to this as the van has been driving up, looking in the garden and turning round and driving off. The 2 houses next door are for sale so could be innocent but its put me on edge.

• Replies 34
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

i have to say in my area husky's arent so popular , everyone stops when im out walking maya and asks what breed she is , other than maya i think iv only seen another 3 in total , however i always here the story someone i know "use to have one" , however thankfully no neds (chavs) (sorry from scotland inbetween glasgow n edinburgh) lol have them , there all with there staffies/pit bulls , roaming about like they own the shot , however there was a couple who lived across from me who had a husky and got rid and then had another one a month later!! so im keeping an eye and if the dog detererates i will be phoning rspca , poor thing doesnt get walked and always draggin it about ! he knows i hate it as i have went over and told him straight buy a harness instead of choking the poor pup ! anyway .. lol im only 20 and i didnt get this breed just cos they looked pritty i did my reserch and waited till the time was right as i have wanted one since i was 12 ! and she gets all the love in the world and nothing will make me give her up ! :) not even another kid lol there such a lovely breed to destroy :(

I am taking it bloody personally. How dare they ruin our breed. I know a few people that have been in the breed for 20 years have told me they are thinking of retiring because they are so discusted on the state of the breed. The person I got Flynn from was a chav, but I thought that she might have a heart... aparently they were running a puppy mill or something or so it was speculated from what I discussed with a person who had a dog from the same litter as Flynn's.

I make it a point to tell people how destructive huskies are and what a comitment they are whenever they speak to me about Aya. It makes me want to help out in welfare all the more..

I am the same. Unfortunately in one instance my words were not heeded and said Husky ended up being rehomed because they were living in a rented house. They thought they would be able to stop the dog chewing! I hate to think what is going to happen to the breed because of this. Kodi is never off the lead, and never away from me! I only worry as my hubby works nights and I spend alot of time on my own. I also worry about the nights when we are both at work as the dogs are in on their own for part of it (We avoid it as much as we can, and if we can't Hubby goes home to walk them for a couple of hours). Granted, if anyone got in they would have to get past Sam first (NOT a people dog!), but I do worry, especially after my Hubby's encounter the other week, and the fact that there is a guy over the back that keeps eyeing up the dogs when they are outside.

We always get stopped when we are out with Kodi, and people always ask to breed him (even though he is neutered). He is also chipped, but I'm not sure how that would work if he 'disappeared' as no-one would know where to find him to scan him.

I also think that it will make other people think badly of the breed once the 'chavs' get hold of them, and does that mean that everyone who owns a Husky is going to be labelled a chav??

My Mum's friend's Dog still has not been traced :(

Just thought - my stepdaughter who's 14 has just in the last few weeks been taking my boys out one at a time on the walking belt as if they pull her over at least they can't run off - she has loved it - gives her responsibilty and exercise and it's teaching her how to look after the dogs. Marc has just said there's no way she will be going out now on her own with them - even when she goes and walks them with her friend and her dog, it's just not worth the risk :(

Oh geeze...

When I volunteer at the shelter, LOTS of husky/husky mixes come in. Most of them are young (I saw one yesterday that was only 9 months old!) and they are brought in because the owner couldn't care for them properly (probably not enough exercise) or they couldn't train it or couldn't be bothered to train it.

It's really sad. :(

It is a disgrace,people playing "God" and creating life through excessive breeding purely for financial gain.Passing around pups as if they are toys,not living creatures.

These poor innocent,fantastic creatures being passed about from home to home as people tire of them or can't be bothered to walk them.Then the dogs become messed up because they are so intelligent and sensitive.

Both my Huskies have issues caused by the previous owners.

Something needs to be done,laws need changing,I have already written to MPs reference dog breeding,but no suitable replies have come my way.

(Surprise ,surprise!)

A breeder should have a special licence and have to work hard to attain standards and prove they have the welfare of the dogs as a priority.

If not then they should be banned from breeding/fined have dogs confiscated,whatever it takes.

These mercenary people are a far cry from the genuine breeder who is dedicated to the breed and the health and well being of the dogs.

And now they are stealing Huskies.

Something else for us all to worry about.:mad: