Hello Everyone!!

Hi,Happy to join you all,my pack consists of Max,4 yrs and 3 mnths and Blue 16 mnths,both rehomes and really special.They are totally different personalities and amazing.Issues caused by humans.

It makes a refreshing difference to actually see people who,like me LOVE these amazing dogs instead of reading through the rescue sites and see how many have been abandoned and mistreated.

Restoring my faith in humankind!!:huskyrocks:

• Replies 25
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Welcome to this fantastic husky crazy site... The people on here are all husky mad and are great for answering questions or just for a gab :D

As you will have realised we're all pic crazy too so load us some pics please so we can see your beautiful huskies :D

Welcome to the BEST Husky forum in the WORLD.

any help you need just shout. :)

PICS

Welcome to the bunch of people that have decided to be owned by this breed of dog, we have 2 re-homes and a boy we have had since a pup, all have there own personalities and I would not now have any other breed :monkeydance:

Hey i've just signed up tonight I have a husky 5yr old girl and was looking to rehome a pup if i can not shure how she'll take it even tho she is good with every dog a pup taking her attention do you think she would be ok?

Hey i've just signed up tonight I have a husky 5yr old girl and was looking to rehome a pup if i can not shure how she'll take it even tho she is good with every dog a pup taking her attention do you think she would be ok?

She will proberly look after the pup, but keep an eye on them at the begining :monkeydance:

thanks i just wasnt sure if we should try and find an older one but my man has found one that his heart is set on. when i was looking i got side tracked on some really cute, funny youtube videos and there was afew really of taste ones that i didnt watch but the thought of some of them made me step back and rethink. Is it common for husky's to eat their own babies? she is good with all size dogs and helped my friends stuffy with her pups it was quite cute really.

thanks i just wasnt sure if we should try and find an older one but my man has found one that his heart is set on. when i was looking i got side tracked on some really cute, funny youtube videos and there was afew really of taste ones that i didnt watch but the thought of some of them made me step back and rethink. Is it common for husky's to eat their own babies? she is good with all size dogs and helped my friends stuffy with her pups it was quite cute really.

I doubt very much Kia would try and eat the puppy :D When animals destroy their young it is usually when the babies are newborn and there is serious danger, the animal then destroys their young and escapes the area. I had a pet African Hedgehog that absorbed it's babies before they were born because the dogs barking scared her so much, it's a defense mechanism, nothing to worry about with an 8 week+ Pup. Plus, even if there are a few growls to start with, thats just usually them settling into their new ranks, they just need a little time to establish who is top dog.

I doubt very much Kia would try and eat the puppy :D When animals destroy their young it is usually when the babies are newborn and there is serious danger, the animal then destroys their young and escapes the area. I had a pet African Hedgehog that absorbed it's babies before they were born because the dogs barking scared her so much, it's a defense mechanism, nothing to worry about with an 8 week+ Pup. Plus, even if there are a few growls to start with, thats just usually them settling into their new ranks, they just need a little time to establish who is top dog.

yeah i think your right on that i just wasnt sure with huskys being a bit wilder than most dogs if this kind of thing happens more often with them. But your right it wouldnt be a new born with defects or any thing like that and even in the wild thats the only reason they do it. i know she was great with other pups so as long as we dont lock her out all of a sudden which there would be no way i would ever do that to her we should be right. I havent ever seen her attack another dog ever and even my friends cat was more of a love bite. although i think she would of killed the cat if i wasnt there. The cat was so gentle softly and gently without claws tapped kia on the nose three times kia looked like she was ok that one quick sudden grab, but she let go straight away when i called her. I dont think she likes cats :oops1:.

Yeah I had a kitten called Sushi I had for a few months, my friend found it with it's mum and siblings in a box at the side of the road in the rain before christmas. After I got Indie I had to rehome Sushi cat. Indie kept grabbing at her neck and chasing her around. the poor cat was always covered in puppy slobber.

You'd be fine getting a puppy but be sure to get one from a reputable breeder!