ANNOUNCE - Server upgrade

Marc

Server upgrade

Hi All,

Just a quickie to let you know that the issues we have been experiencing over the past couple of days are due to us killing the memory on the server with usage LOL .... I have now had the memory increased again so we should see the site run a lot quicker.

On this note, I'm gonna have to keep an eye on the memory usage in order to ensure we dont incur any further cost for a while, therefore you may see some things that aut update such as the stats at the top of the forum and the shoutbox dont update quite as often. The times on the stats have now been set to only update once every 2 mins rather than every 20 seconds as they were before, however if you want to see an update of them rather than refreshing the page you can use the refresh button in the stats if need be.

Also in addition to this, there is a possibility that I will be changing the chatroom for one that runs outside of our host on another server so it may look a little different over the next few days. This is one thing that will def be hammering the memory and one that I can easily eliminate without losing the chatroom. I dont want us to lose any features, and we wont ;)