Sad to say....

Im sad to say that after speaking with Karen and Tom, they are going to come and collect her. Im heartbroken that it has come to this but Rosie has gone to attack my child twice. Nicole is a 2 year old little girl and if Rosie was to snap a third time and get her this time she would have no way of defending herself.

Like I have said im in tears over this, Rosie was mine, she took to me, she slept with me at night and wasnt a family dog she was MY dog. My children however have to come first so please please dont give me a hard time over this as its a hard enough decision as it is. A couple of you have said they are sad to see she is going before going through a behaviourist and if she was just dog aggressive I would gladly see her through classes and anything else it took but she has taken a dislike to my child and if anything was to happen to my little girl I would never ever forgive myself.

She snapped at my child once and ive had people tell me that would have been it for them, no second chances but I gave Rosie a second chance because i love her and believed it was a one off. It obviously isnt the case and im not waiting for a third time.

Thankyou for reading......

• Replies 33
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

A very hard decision to have to make, but you gave Rosie a second chance & for whatever reason, still cannot get along with Nicole around, and Nicole must be your priority. No-one can say anything that you've not already said to yourselves and they have not been in this situation, but you are doing the responsible thing & asking the breeder to help out and like responsible breeders, they are. Rosie may do better in a home with older children, so don't be too hard on yourself, you did your best, Rosie just needs a different environment, nothing you have done.

Toddlers and dogs can be hard hun, children's understanding of the world is very different and sometimes its just their sudden movements or the like that can make a dog uneasy...

You have to do what's best for you, your child and well you're doing what's best for Rosie. I'm so sorry to hear that things worked out this way.

Im sad to say that after speaking with Karen and Tom, they are going to come and collect her. Im heartbroken that it has come to this but Rosie has gone to attack my child twice. Nicole is a 2 year old little girl and if Rosie was to snap a third time and get her this time she would have no way of defending herself.

Like I have said im in tears over this, Rosie was mine, she took to me, she slept with me at night and wasnt a family dog she was MY dog. My children however have to come first so please please dont give me a hard time over this as its a hard enough decision as it is. A couple of you have said they are sad to see she is going before going through a behaviourist and if she was just dog aggressive I would gladly see her through classes and anything else it took but she has taken a dislike to my child and if anything was to happen to my little girl I would never ever forgive myself.

She snapped at my child once and ive had people tell me that would have been it for them, no second chances but I gave Rosie a second chance because i love her and believed it was a one off. It obviously isnt the case and im not waiting for a third time.

Thankyou for reading......

People can give you all the advice in the world,but only you can make the final decision.As a mum I completely sympathise with you.We all love our dogs dearly,but nothing comes before your children.Be heartened by the fact that there are a lot of good ,loving homes about,and Rosie is young enough to adjust.At least no harm has come to either Rosie or your daughter,and that's the main thing.Best Wishes,

Karen

Thankyou everyone for understanding, im sat here in tears as Karen has collected Rosie :( Im gutted and I feel like I have let Rosie down in a way but as has already been said I have to do what is best. They have friends with no children who have asked about a pup so im hoping she will go to a home with no children.

Thankyou everyone for understanding, im sat here in tears as Karen has collected Rosie :( Im gutted and I feel like I have let Rosie down in a way but as has already been said I have to do what is best. They have friends with no children who have asked about a pup so im hoping she will go to a home with no children.

Awww, Hun, I am so sorry :( and hopefully Rosie will go to a childless home, it'll be better for everyone. Try not to get too down about it, give Marley and Bear big hugs!

What can I say, Suzanne, that hasn't already been said. You know you didn't let her down, she's just got a disposition that didn't fit and you can't know that until. Thank the gods that she had the control to not really take a bite out of Nicole, snapping's bad enough.

Take care of yourself and all, it'll get better by 'n by.

//al

Wow I'm so sorry to hear that you had to make that decision but at the end of the day I feel you made the right choice. Your child is top priority and you did give Rosie a second chance. Its sad to hear but sounds like it will be for the best. Sending lots of positive thoughts your way.

:grouphug:

as much as i love my dogs ,my family must and always do come 1st.

my children are just about adults now anyway but i have lots of young people visit here and i dont let Marley with them because he is very excitable round little feet

i'm not sayin he would hurt them but i dont give him the chance!

your's are only babies and it is just not worth that risk,maybe it'll never happen again but thats one risk too many to take.

No-one is shouting you down for your decision at all,sometimes things dont work,uve tried and thats the main thing.

i'm sure Rosie will find a forever home soon:)

I can completely understand your decision, and I dont think anyone would give you a hard time for this as your child must come first.

Such a sad situation to hear about, we're all here for you :grouphug:

All the best to Rosie, I hope she finds another home soon x