Sad to say....

just catching up with your story, and like others have already said your children just have to come first. Mals are very powerful dogs and it just wasn't worth the risk of waiting to see what would happen, Nicole is sure to have come off worse.

Please don't beat yourself up over it, you gave her the chance of a new home but it just wasn't meant to be. Anyone whe has ever taken on a rehome could potentially be in the same situation so who are we to criticise.

Big hugs to you and your family and good wishes that Rosie finds her perfect home too.

• Replies 33
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I love my two and have my grandkids round quite a lot and even though I think my dogs are really really friendly I would never for a moment leave them in a room alone with them, so I fully understand your disission . It only takes a min while your back is turned and who knows? Children must be put first and you should be admirred for making the choice you have in averting a maybe disaster later. Big Hugs :grouphug:

Thankyou everyone for understanding. I was so worried about posting this yesterday because to everyone on here it probably seems like a sudden decision but I didnt tell people about the first time Rosie went for Nicole because I stupidly didnt want people to think bad of Rosie. I also didnt tell anybody about her going for a jack russell in the park last weekend because again I didnt want people to see her as a bad dog (which she isnt she obviously just has issues)

If Rosie had bitten Nicole then that would have meant Rosie having to be PTS so the best thing for everyone is for Rosie to find a home without young children.

Im sad to say that after speaking with Karen and Tom, they are going to come and collect her. Im heartbroken that it has come to this but Rosie has gone to attack my child twice. Nicole is a 2 year old little girl and if Rosie was to snap a third time and get her this time she would have no way of defending herself.

Like I have said im in tears over this, Rosie was mine, she took to me, she slept with me at night and wasnt a family dog she was MY dog. My children however have to come first so please please dont give me a hard time over this as its a hard enough decision as it is. A couple of you have said they are sad to see she is going before going through a behaviourist and if she was just dog aggressive I would gladly see her through classes and anything else it took but she has taken a dislike to my child and if anything was to happen to my little girl I would never ever forgive myself.

She snapped at my child once and ive had people tell me that would have been it for them, no second chances but I gave Rosie a second chance because i love her and believed it was a one off. It obviously isnt the case and im not waiting for a third time.

Thankyou for reading......

God thats hard reading this nearly made me cry. Kia my husky is 5yrs always been my dog and gets heaps of affection all the time, but i have to have ivf soon. I have thought what would i do in the same postion it would kill me but i really want a child and hope i dont have any of your problems. my heart goes out to you. your child has to come first, you are doing the right thing.