Sores on face help needed :-(

Jay Jones

Hope someone on here knows more than my vet :-(

Mia has had these sores on her face for a month now been to and from the vets 5 times and over £200 later she’s still no better :-( she’s had FUCIDERM GEL and it made it look worse, injections galore and on the last visit she’s had HIBISCRUB skin cleanser and CEPOREX pills but nothings working so I’m not really sure the vets know what’s wrong. Bolts fine it only seems to be Mia.

Any ideas anyone?

post-1569-13586076407646_thumb.jpg

post-5138-13585974165622_thumb.jpg

post-5138-13585974174359_thumb.jpg

aww poor baby!

my friends dog had something similar looking and it was treated as some kind of mite bites,and whatever cream she got cleeared it up.

what does your vet think?

could it be eczema?

i know Em's off here has had a long-standing problem with one of her dogs but not sure what it was.

Did your vet take a skin scraping and run a biopsy? If not, that's the first thing that needs to be done. That will help to narrow the field.

It may be ZRD (zinc responsive dermatosis), which is common in Huskies. Here's a link with more info: http://www.allabouthuskies.com/health-zrd.html

Ask your vet about a zinc deficiency - that's the first thing that comes to mind when it comes to lesions on a Siberian or other nordic breed dog's face. If you search that or ZRD, you'll find info and pictures on various threads here, as well as on the 'net. Good luck and let us know what you find out!

Did your vet take a skin scraping and run a biopsy? If not, that's the first thing that needs to be done. That will help to narrow the field.

It may be ZRD (zinc responsive dermatosis), which common in Huskies. Here's a link with more info: http://www.allabouthuskies.com/health-zrd.html

That looks like it could be the problem fair play to you :-) just reading through the link you sent and that sounds the same as she's got. hair-loss occurs and red, scaly patches of skin develop. will take she back to the vet in the morning. bless her it would be nice for it to be gone as i'm sure its driving her nuts.

Thanks so much for the point in the right direction :-)

That looks like it could be the problem fair play to you :) just reading through the link you sent and that sounds the same as she's got. hair-loss occurs and red, scaly patches of skin develop. will take she back to the vet in the morning. bless her it would be nice for it to be gone as i'm sure its driving her nuts.

Thanks so much for the point in the right direction :)

You'll know more after visiting the vet. Good luck.

My initial thoughts was zinc issues too. Research natural ways to deal with it too. I've read that very small amounts of liver will do the job, rather than tablets fr the vets which aren't really absorbed. I also seem to think it can be stress induced - has the dog recently been into kennels? Or itcan be herefitary

I have never experienced it so just going by what I've previously read