husky help new husky

akira4112

• Replies 25
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

how long have you actually had her home. i know mine is only eating late in the evening cos it's sooo hot, but i would have thought she would drink. do you know how long ago she ate last, she could be missing her mom and sibs, if she doesn't drink by the morning i would take her the vet n get her checked over.

How long have you had her? I know you said today but how many hours? She may have been fed already ...but if this continues def take her to the vet. She could be pining for her mum and her litter mates as Jackie stated.

<< tongue in cheek >> enjoy it while you can!

Seriously though, if she has food and water available to her then I'd have to agree with Jackie, it's *probably* just all the sudden change. New home, nothing familiar, no "playmates" (does she interact with you at all?). If she hasn't eaten in 24 hours ( a LONG time for a puppy) I'd try to hand feed her something; if she doesn't drink in 24 hours like Jackie says, take her to the vet and make sure she's okay.

Timber was like that for the first couple of hours when he came home. We just put water and food where he could see it and then waited for him to go to it and start coming to us. He was pining for the first couple of days with us but now he runs riot here as he knows this is his home and we're his family. If you worried then do take him to the vets as other members have said :)

we have just got our new siberian husky 10 weeks old today and she is just laying there no eating or drinking is this good if not can some one give us ideas ?

Hey any news? Was a little concerned when I read this.

If she is acting more lethargic, I'd contact your vet immediately. Other wise give her the option of food and drink and keep a close eye on her.

Stacey xxx

we have put our food so she can see it refreshed her water she just lays down in this spot the guy said she has ate twice today

Perhaps she just needs some space to get used to the new area? I'd give her space and keep an eye on her personally.

Stacey xxx

UPDATE she has had a little bit of food we had to hand feed her we have put her in the crate with all the doors open so she is not threatend or thinking its punishment her water is next to her along with her food but more advice would be a great help pictures soon

it's probably a mixture of new surroundings, sights, smells etc & the heat. She's most likely missing her littermates too. Try putting a damp cold towel down for her to lie on, huskies cool down quickly on their tummies - but like babies, they do sleep a lot when young. If she is hard to rouse or she stops drinking, I would seek advice but in the meantime, keep her cool & lots of water available

Main thing is to keep the little puppy hydrated ^.^ and even if u have to use a syringe and put water in its mouth closer to the back so they can't really spit it out. And even mix a tiny bit of gatorade or powerade in it (they like berryish flavors)the electrolytes help keep them hydrated even when they are not drinking alot of water. Puppys go thru a little depression/anxiety after leaving their "pack" so sometimes they just wont eat for a couple days even. Are you using the same food it was being fed before u got it ? You should always take a pup to the vet shortly after you get it anyways because you never know :P

She's been torn away from everything she has ever known in her short life.

Been in a car, (not the most fun things for a puppy. Later will probably love it)

taken by strange sounding and smelling people.

To a new house that has no familiar places or smells.

Give her a couple of days to acclimatise.

Yes she'll be off her food. She's scared and doesn't know what other NEW stuff is going to happen.

She just wants somewhere dark,warm and quiet. To chill and process all these new experiences.

Once she feels a bit safer she'll start to poke around and explore, and her appetite will come back.

As the other guys have said, plenty of water, time and patience. :)

we have just got our new siberian husky 10 weeks old today and she is just laying there no eating or drinking is this good if not can some one give us ideas ?

I got my Husky a year ago (also called Akira) and she was very quite untill the next day, only ate and drank very little, the next day she was fine. Guess she was just geeting used to all the changes.