Inconsiderate dog owners!

MollynDiesel

Owners that dont clear up after their dogs and owners that have aggressive dogs without leads. I have seen so many dogs that are aggressive and are let off leash in public places and they end up attacking other dogs. Why would they feel that letting their dog off like that is a good idea? There is a rottweiler that lives 3 doors up from me and it seems to attack people and dogs alot! 1 of my dogs has been bitten by it twice and has had to have stitches. Tons of people have reported him to the police but they dont care. He lets the dog wander around without a leash on so it can attack more poor dogs and people! It doesnt take much just to put a dog on a leash :banghead:

• Replies 27
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

Ugh. When stuff like that happens it makes me want to go get equipment to make it so the dog cant bite me, take it home, calm it down, give it belly rubs, keep it for a week or two and see how the owner likes that.

But then even if i could even talk myself into doing something that stupid, said owner would probably already have another vicious dog the very next day..

If he treats it badly hopefully one day it will turn on him. . .

Karma.

hate people like that - if the dogs wandering can u not call the dog warden n report the dog as a stray?

We tried calling the dog warden but she was useless! She told him to muzzle it or put it on a lead but he doesnt do it. If i said it was a stray he'd only find a way to get it back.

never the dogs fault, always the owners. ALways the dog who pays :(

Too many dogs :(

We tried calling the dog warden but she was useless! She told him to muzzle it or put it on a lead but he doesnt do it. If i said it was a stray he'd only find a way to get it back.

but everytime it gets out u have it picked up - he will soon get fed up of paying the release fee

UGH! Irresponsible owners really get under my skin, what makes it worse is irresponsible owners who own powerful breeds such as pit bulls, staffordshire terriers, rottweilers, dobermans, german shepherds, etc. All dogs need responsible owners but powerful breed especially need them. Those who own such breeds and who don't care for them properly, or train them properly, or do their research on the breed make the breed look bad. Its people like that who give the breeds their bad image. Most likely the rottie will eventually be put to sleep and its sad because if the dog had been owned, trained, and socialized correctly then there would be no problem. Sometimes I really think 90% of people don't have a brain.

He may have the money, but it will be the time and inconvenience of having to go and get the dog. Hopefully he will get fed up with this and make sure the dog stays where it should be. I feel for both you and your dogs. Just another suggestion have you tried contacting your local councillor to get them involved? Vicious dog, dog faeces and the impact on health etc. Your dog has been bitten and so have people. Good luck

UGH! Irresponsible owners really get under my skin, what makes it worse is irresponsible owners who own powerful breeds such as pit bulls, staffordshire terriers, rottweilers, dobermans, german shepherds, etc. All dogs need responsible owners but powerful breed especially need them. Those who own such breeds and who don't care for them properly, or train them properly, or do their research on the breed make the breed look bad. Its people like that who give the breeds their bad image. Most likely the rottie will eventually be put to sleep and its sad because if the dog had been owned, trained, and socialized correctly then there would be no problem. Sometimes I really think 90% of people don't have a brain.

Exactly! People own those breeds because they want to 'look hard' they dont train them, then they get bored and the dogs get beaten and left outside shelters. Poor dogs

If you go to a park or something and watch people for a few hours i guarantee there will be quite a few people with dogs they havent trained just walking about with no recall at all

Exactly! People own those breeds because they want to 'look hard' they dont train them, then they get bored and the dogs get beaten and left outside shelters. Poor dogs

If you go to a park or something and watch people for a few hours i guarantee there will be quite a few people with dogs they havent trained just walking about with no recall at all

i know what u mean n i feel sorry for the dogs :( theres 2 rotties near me who walk offlead but they are the best behaved dogs i think ive ever seen!!!! i feel sorry for the people who give these dogs a bad name :(

He may have the money, but it will be the time and inconvenience of having to go and get the dog. Hopefully he will get fed up with this and make sure the dog stays where it should be. I feel for both you and your dogs. Just another suggestion have you tried contacting your local councillor to get them involved? Vicious dog, dog faeces and the impact on health etc. Your dog has been bitten and so have people. Good luck

We've tried everything but no one seems to be bothered. Dog wardens, police, councel

i know what u mean n i feel sorry for the dogs :( theres 2 rotties near me who walk offlead but they are the best behaved dogs i think ive ever seen!!!! i feel sorry for the people who give these dogs a bad name :(

Exactly, every dog is full of love but no one sees it because of the bad name :(

Thankfully when I've been to the park the dogs are on leash unless in the enclosed dog park area. However once when we had our old red nose pit bull a lady brought a 5 year old boxer to the dog park that she said had never been socialized. O.o The dog was aggressive, she kept him on leash but had him there un muzzled while other dogs were running around. He sniffed Bowser my pit and then snapped at him, the lady said/did nothing. Then again Bowser came by the dog and the boxer jumped him. If her dog had hurt mine it would have been on. She left the park after that and everyone was wondering why on earth she brought a 5 year old unsocialized boxer to the park in the first place. Sad thing is if my dog had acted in defense it would have been mine and his fault considering he was a pit bull, wouldn't have mattered that the boxer snapped and jumped my dog.

Couple of suggestions you may not have tried already. Try your local paper: Find out the name of the editor and speak directly to him/her and tell them how you have been hitting a 'brick wall' including no/little support from the Police and your local Councillor. Your local MP may help out. You could try contacting his Secretary. You should be able to get the info from your local library. Ask your MP to contact someone in the Council to get the problem sorted before something more serious happens. Parliament breaks soon for the summer so you would have to do this pretty quickly. Remember Councillors and MPs are elected and won't want bad publicity.

Couple of suggestions you may not have tried already. Try your local paper: Find out the name of the editor and speak directly to him/her and tell them how you have been hitting a 'brick wall' including no/little support from the Police and your local Councillor. Your local MP may help out. You could try contacting his Secretary. You should be able to get the info from your local library. Ask your MP to contact someone in the Council to get the problem sorted before something more serious happens. Parliament breaks soon for the summer so you would have to do this pretty quickly. Remember Councillors and MPs are elected and won't want bad publicity.

Good idea. Thanks

The trouble is he lives 3 doors up from me and if i stir it up too much i still have to live near him :(

Thankfully when I've been to the park the dogs are on leash unless in the enclosed dog park area. However once when we had our old red nose pit bull a lady brought a 5 year old boxer to the dog park that she said had never been socialized. :confused: The dog was aggressive, she kept him on leash but had him there un muzzled while other dogs were running around. He sniffed Bowser my pit and then snapped at him, the lady said/did nothing. Then again Bowser came by the dog and the boxer jumped him. If her dog had hurt mine it would have been on. She left the park after that and everyone was wondering why on earth she brought a 5 year old unsocialized boxer to the park in the first place. Sad thing is if my dog had acted in defense it would have been mine and his fault considering he was a pit bull, wouldn't have mattered that the boxer snapped and jumped my dog.

Why would she let the dog go 5 years without being socialized? That seems a bit odd.

Its horrible that your would've been blamed, people dont see the loving animal behind the name, they just see the name and automatically think 'vicious!' :(