jimmyg

Hi y'all,

My name is Jim and my son Adam and I have a 15 week old Male Huskie. I came upon the site be accedent as I was searching google to see if we could compare his growth with the "Average/Standard" huskie.

We just had him to the vet for his monthly check up and he weighs in at 15.4Kg and stands 20inches to the shoulder.

Can anyone tell me is this about average or have we got ourselves a BIG dog.

Look forward to your replies

Regards all

J.

• Replies 46
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Welcome :D

How come the vet didn't tell you wether he was at the right height/weight for his age? Im not sure what they should be at this age, mine is a little bit underweight for her height - she weighs in at around 18kg and is about 21"

Good luck with everything

Thanks to everyone for the warm welcome, my son Adam says Zeus is only 19 inches to the shoulder but I still think that makes him a larger than average dog. I've tried to upload photos but they're all too large for the forum system. will have to see if I can find a way around this. I'd love to show him to y'all.

Thanks to everyone for the warm welcome, my son Adam says Zeus is only 19 inches to the shoulder but I still think that makes him a larger than average dog. I've tried to upload photos but they're all too large for the forum system. will have to see if I can find a way around this. I'd love to show him to y'all.

Use Vso Image resizer it's free from here

Lol it's been updated and is now called Light image resizer.

http://www.obviousidea.com/windows-software/light-image-resizer/

Anything under 3000 pixels is good the forum auto resizes anything under that

Personally I drop them down to about 1000 x 1000

that works great without losing too much quality. :)

Okay, I'll hold my surprise - if he's pure husky, he's gonna be a BIG dog! But, as we were saying in another thread Husky's come in all sizes.

My 3 yr old female, Misty, is about 20 inches at the shoulder and I'm guessing at about 30-35 lbs (14kg? +/-)

of course, welcome to the forum, come back often and you'll get as addicted as the rest of us are!

Great crew here and lot's of chatter, some of it's even NOT about our dogs! :)

Hi and :welcome:! He sounds like he'll be pretty good sized, although he may just be one that gets most of his height early, and then slows down. Some of mine have grown like that, and have had the majority of their upward growth done by around 5=6 months. Time will tell!

Thanks to you all for making Zeus, Adam and myself so welcome. To answer a couple of questions, Yes he is a purebred Siberian Husky with a great pedigree and an amazingly good nature. He constantly seems to re-write everything we were told about huskies such as 1." huskies can't be let off the lead, well for now at least he walks to heel off the lead and will come when called (as long as there are no other distractions). 2. "Huskies will chew everything in sight" Well so far NO chewing at all. Bringing Zeus into our Home really has enriched our lives. he just amazing.

post-1569-13586078723767_thumb.jpg

post-1569-13586078725518_thumb.jpg

Photos show from the top left 7 weeks, 9 weeks, 13 weeks 14 weeks and latest at 16 weeks. hope y'all like them.

Regards James

:kimba2:

post-5433-13585975864382_thumb.jpg

post-5433-13585975865109_thumb.jpg

post-5433-13585975865377_thumb.jpg

post-5433-13585975865896_thumb.jpg

post-5433-135859758662_thumb.jpg