jimmyg

• Replies 46
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Nice!!! Are you going to put a garden inside that fence once he gets it all "plowed up"??

Yeah it's the one thing he is very good at, I have craters all ove the garden. So I currently diggin out the biggest on to make a hard standing for a garden shed LOL

Thanks to you all for making Zeus, Adam and myself so welcome. To answer a couple of questions, Yes he is a purebred Siberian Husky with a great pedigree and an amazingly good nature. He constantly seems to re-write everything we were told about huskies such as 1." huskies can't be let off the lead, well for now at least he walks to heel off the lead and will come when called (as long as there are no other distractions). 2. "Huskies will chew everything in sight" Well so far NO chewing at all. Bringing Zeus into our Home really has enriched our lives. he just amazing.

Photos show from the top left 7 weeks, 9 weeks, 13 weeks 14 weeks and latest at 16 weeks. hope y'all like them.

Regards James

:kimba2:

Hi James :)

You're Boy looks Amazing! He truly is beautiful, He is very striking and does just look fantastic.

Kita is also allowed off the lead, though I do watch her like a hawk and observe her behavior while out constantly, I expose her to various different things to gauge her reaction, so to minimize any potential "suprises" she's is so good, her achillies heel is cats! But Cats never come into the park ^_^.

Other members will discourage off-lead walking, Don't be disheartned, they're just trying to help ^_^.

At 20 weeks Kita was 15kg and 16 inches at the shoulder, but 19-20inches at the "withers".

hope to see you around here very often :D

Regards.

James. ;)

He's very cute.

If you need any help or advice.

Just shout.

:huskyrocks:

Hi James :)

You're Boy looks Amazing! He truly is beautiful, He is very striking and does just look fantastic.

Kita is also allowed off the lead, though I do watch her like a hawk and observe her behavior while out constantly, I expose her to various different things to gauge her reaction, so to minimize any potential "suprises" she's is so good, her achillies heel is cats! But Cats never come into the park ^_^.

Other members will discourage off-lead walking, Don't be disheartned, they're just trying to help ^_^.

At 20 weeks Kita was 15kg and 16 inches at the shoulder, but 19-20inches at the "withers".

hope to see you around here very often :D

Regards.

James. ;)

==============================

Hi James,

thanks for the reply, it's great to hear someone else has a husky they can let off the lead, and yeah there are distractions and we too watch Zeus constantly, but it's so easy to lose sight of the fact that he's still just a baby. He learns remarkably fast. I read somewhere that huskies are the most inteligent of the canine breeds and after 9 weeks with Zeus I can see why. they're just totally awsome. Adam and I love him to bits.

We too try to give him new experiences each time we take him out, meeting people, other dogs etc. our neighbour has a King Charles called Alfie and he an Zeus sit at the fence like a couple of old women talking to each other it's really quite funny to watch.

Regards

Jim, Adam & Zeus

He's very cute.

If you need any help or advice.

Just shout.

:huskyrocks:

Oh and we agree Husky Owners Do Rock. Yeah!

Hi y'all,

My name is Jim and my son Adam and I have a 15 week old Male Huskie. I came upon the site be accedent as I was searching google to see if we could compare his growth with the "Average/Standard" huskie.

We just had him to the vet for his monthly check up and he weighs in at 15.4Kg and stands 20inches to the shoulder.

Can anyone tell me is this about average or have we got ourselves a BIG dog.

Look forward to your replies

Regards all

J.

:wave::hello:and :welcome5: to the pack! That sounds about right, our boy grew like mad and was tall as our Red Heeler at that age. To give you an indication of what you're in store for, our pup is 7 months old, is 24 inches tall, and weighs 54 lbs. They are bigger than I thought when I saw them peddled as medium sized dog, when they are actually pretty big-and FAST growers!! Mine seems like he ate that magical bean from Jack and the Beanstalk:lolman: Again, :welcome: and thanks for the pics-your pup is gorgeous, reminds me of another members pup Tali kind of-the member is Doc Jekyll

Welcome. :wave: It's gonna be interesting to see how your pup turns out. I'm a recent member to the forum and there are some really knowledgeable peps on this site. :D

====================

Hi and thanks for the welcome, There are some really great huskies on the site (OH owners too of course LOL). it's really cool to find a place where everyone has so much in common and so much to offer.

Regards

Zeus, Adam & James

Hi! Zeus is stunning!!!! He may be a big guy or he could be going through his biggest growth spurt, looking healthy though, nice and lean! Don't want too much excess weight on a husky. He looks great though, keep up the good work, whatever weight he ends up, your garden won't get much better! :P Mine is horrible and I have given up completely now.

==============================

Hi James,

thanks for the reply, it's great to hear someone else has a husky they can let off the lead, and yeah there are distractions and we too watch Zeus constantly, but it's so easy to lose sight of the fact that he's still just a baby. He learns remarkably fast. I read somewhere that huskies are the most inteligent of the canine breeds and after 9 weeks with Zeus I can see why. they're just totally awsome. Adam and I love him to bits.

We too try to give him new experiences each time we take him out, meeting people, other dogs etc. our neighbour has a King Charles called Alfie and he an Zeus sit at the fence like a couple of old women talking to each other it's really quite funny to watch.

Regards

Jim, Adam & Zeus

!

haha thats another thing Zeus and Kita have in common, well close enough, is that Kita Lives with a King Charles spaniel (my mums) He is old though and rather quiet, But she looks after him bless her :P

hiya and welcome, our lot like to dig, we just leave them to it now, we couldnt keep up with filling them in

Yep, me too, as soon as I filled a crater in Bo goes out and digs it all out again and makes it even deeper. Look says "leave my holes alone" Cutting the grass is now a very interesting experience.

Yep, me too, as soon as I filled a crater in Bo goes out and digs it all out again and makes it even deeper. Look says "leave my holes alone" Cutting the grass is now a very interesting experience.

I have wood chips all long my house and Navi loves to dig in them, so I out there sweeping everyday to put them back, better the wood chips then the dirt since its easier to fill :)

Oh yeah, I know that feeling. We thought Zeus would run away from our lawnmower but instead he stands guard over his holes running between them and Barking" Hey don't fill this in, ya know I'm only gonna dig it out again" Haha. Cutting the grass has now turned into a game !!