Microchips work!

Austinville

For anyone who might be considering NOT chipping your dog, I urge you to think again.

My son has a three year old lab. Last night she decided to leave the yard (never has before). We spent four hours combing the community in search of her. I asked my son to go back home and call the microchip company and let them know she was missing. He wasn't too excited about it, but did. Within a half hour, his phone was ringing and Kimber had been found. She jumped into a pickup and fell asleep just four blocks from his home.

The individual that found her immediately called the number on her collar, and the company put them in touch with Brent. Kimber came home this morning. Tired, and happy to see her dad.

I watched as my son (he's 27) cried silent tears for his missing girl......it broke my heart. But I'm pleased that he used common sense and had her chipped and put her tags on her. Without that, she could very well still be missing.

All's well that end's well.

I know Brent had a very sleepless night and is overwhelmed that Kimber is home safely.

All our pets are chipped, from Ryn to the cat........wouldn't want to lose any one of them.

(Weeeelllllll, somedays I wish Kit would disappear, but I would miss the little terrorist if she got out! --- Devil-kitty has wormed her way into our hearts despite the fact that she is ALWAYS into something she shouldn't be!)

thats great news that she's back home safe. How much did it cost to get her chipped ? Want to get Kiz chipped

Insertion was $20......then you pay approximately $15 annually for the registration fees.

We adopted a kitten in mid-March. Had been chipped by the Humane Society. The cost was included in the adoption fee of $50. They had a $25 change of information fee and then an annual fee on top of that. Though the HS said to simply keep them as the 'owner' and just update my information with them, then there would not be any annual fee for her.

Figure she stays indoors all the time, so did leave it that way............

@RIOTcore I had Mishka done at the RSPCA, only cost £10 (that was 6 months ago) but our 'local farm & pet shop' http://www.farmandpetplace.co.uk/stores.html did a stray cat we took in for £10 in March.

It might be worth going into one of the larger pet stores if you have any local to you to see if they do it. The lady that chipped the cat, in store, was a veterinary nurse.

We weren't told there were any other subscription fees, only if you wish to change information. I'll check up on that :erm:

If she had not been chipped, who knows what would have happened. Both ours are chipped.