A night visitor on our porch gets "the look" from our pup!

AttilaVikingsDemon

Was grilling, and had our pup out with us late and look who popped in for cleanup crew-our pup insisted this visitor had to go!! post-2355-13586076630186_thumb.jpg

post-8679-13586076634095_thumb.jpg"What's this!?Who's that stealing my food" says Demon! "Not me, you guys just started the party before I arrived" says our Woodsland friend...."I will now hypnotize you with my magical food acquiring glow-stare"

post-3533-13585974627962_thumb.jpg

post-3533-13585974635686_thumb.jpg

post-3533-13585974643399_thumb.jpg

You do know what that cute visitor could have done to your dog, don't you??

Lady, my lab from maaaaaany years back, went camping with me. Being good natured and a home body she stayed off leash most of the time 'cause she was always right with me. Woke up one night to noise from outside the tent, Lady took a dive out the tent door (leave it partly open so she could go out as she needed), a few minutes later I hear this yelp and she comes back as quickly as she'd left. Hunkers down beside me and we go back to sleep. The next morning I find claw marks where a coon had tried to get into the cooler where I kept 'cool' food. Lady comes over and she has three clean marks down the side of her muzzle, looked like someone had taken a razor and made three little parallel tracks - probably the cleanest "shave" I've ever seen on anyone!

While coons generally don't stick around when a person comes out, they will confront a dog - even a bigger dog - and with claws and teeth can really tear a dog up. Lady, I think, got lucky 'cause she apparently had the sense to back off. Coons, in desperate situations, will go for the throat and can easily kill even a big dog. Cute, yeh they are; dangerous they REALLY are!!

You do know what that cute visitor could have done to your dog, don't you??

Lady, my lab from maaaaaany years back, went camping with me. Being good natured and a home body she stayed off leash most of the time 'cause she was always right with me. Woke up one night to noise from outside the tent, Lady took a dive out the tent door (leave it partly open so she could go out as she needed), a few minutes later I hear this yelp and she comes back as quickly as she'd left. Hunkers down beside me and we go back to sleep. The next morning I find claw marks where a coon had tried to get into the cooler where I kept 'cool' food. Lady comes over and she has three clean marks down the side of her muzzle, looked like someone had taken a razor and made three little parallel tracks - probably the cleanest "shave" I've ever seen on anyone!

While coons generally don't stick around when a person comes out, they will confront a dog - even a bigger dog - and with claws and teeth can really tear a dog up. Lady, I think, got lucky 'cause she apparently had the sense to back off. Coons, in desperate situations, will go for the throat and can easily kill even a big dog. Cute, yeh they are; dangerous they REALLY are!!

Oh I know it, our cats have a healthy respect for them, but don't get too close. This visitor is used to us and didn't run away until our pup went after it as far as his lead would let him, and we were right there with our pup, he wasn't by himself. I know what these are capable of, our friends have a Rott mix and a Gsd mix and both those two females get into so much trouble with the wildlife, one day they came back with a Raccoon, they killed it, but it messed both their dogs up pretty good. Yeah, I always stay out on the porch with our pup when he's out at night and we all enjoy our night. I know what these guys are capable of and keep an eye for trouble. Lady down the road has had 7 Badgers and a fox on her porch at the same time! Thats a little much for me, though!

Lady down the road has had 7 Badgers and a fox on her porch at the same time! Thats a little much for me, though!

That'd be more than a 'bit much' for me. I'd quietly shut the door and pretend they weren't there! While any dog I've ever had would be sitting there waiting to go out and join the party!!

That'd be more than a 'bit much' for me. I'd quietly shut the door and pretend they weren't there! While any dog I've ever had would be sitting there waiting to go out and join the party!!

Yeah they would, thats the trouble-AND why they'd be inside while I'd be taking pics of them from inside;) Nature's great, just have to keep a respect for it. We love the wildlife, but we make sure our pets are safe, too.

We have a possum that comes and eats our cat food at times O.o I've seen it twice now. Both times I was taking the dogs out, I saw it scamper away and called Koopa back inside since he goes outside off leash. He came back and I waited for a bit until taking them out to make sure the visitor was gone.