They say too much tv is bad for kids

<3Jess<3

What about for my husky baby??

After we learnt Bella knows how to turn the tv on (lol huskys are too smart for there own good)

We now turn it on for her when we leave her inside on the motorbike races channel she will sit right in front of the tv and watch and watch and watch she looooves motorbikes...

This saves my house if the tvs on she will stay and watch it, doesn't get bored and try to escape or destruct...

Buttt is too much tv bad? They say it is, was curious could I be harming her eyes or something else? Lol don't want to be a bad husky mummy I'm happy to sit and let her watch but don't want to let her watch too much tv incase it's bad for her as she already does watch some tv when we do...

Opinions??

I can't see how it could harm her. As long as it's not an old television (one that flashes very quickly. I can see it, and am sure animals will too. Give my a headache when I look at it for too long). Modern screens don't have that.

Animals aren't dumb, I think they know what they are watching isn't just a bundle of light. I once had my video camera attached to the tv and filmed my cat who was looking at it. He started growling at himself :D

Awwww This is like my Niko he loves cartoons! and the animal channels, when he was really young and cried at night the only thing that kept him quiet was a weird hand puppet show that used to come on at stupid o'clock in the morning lol bless him

• 2 weeks later...

diefun love to watch the jeremy kyle show, if im going out i have to make sure the tv is on the right channel, he gets into the corner of the sofa , sits back and watches the entire show, hes a weird doggie. its the only thing he watches as such.

lol havn't heard of that is it a talk show or something??

None of mine pay any attention to the idiot box. . . clever doggies :)

My boys love to watch tv with me, and I leave it on for them sometimes when I go to work. Vladimir loves old 80's cartoons, his favorite currently is Dungeons and Dragons, and Stalker just absolutley loves animal shows, and old shows. I went and got him a 4 disk set of Rin Tin Tin, and he loves it. He also loves this police dog show that features the lives of police dogs, and them in action. I am fixing to try out one of those doggie-sitter dvd's and see if they like those.

I recall reading somewhere that Lhasa's can have problems with watching too much.......so this would be interesting to find some studies.....

My daughter never leaves her home without leaving the tv on for her dogs. I don't know as they 'watch' it, but the sound seems to calm them when she is gone. She actually has a doggie DVD with outdoor scenes for them to watch.