tyler999

• Replies 51
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

You're taking me WHERE?!?:jawdrop:

Welcome to the pack Tyler and Okami! She's beautiful and does not look excited to go to the vet!:help::D

As far as I and the vet could tell, she had never BEEN to the vet before. So it must be in their blood. Luckily, she did spectacular. Other than being a little scared and having her tail between her legs, she was cool getting her vaccinations, stool taken, etc. And once she got out she was happy and full of energy.

She won't be in a hurry to go back though. It's funny how dogs just know when they are in a vet waiting room and they usually go a bit loopy. Good on her for being calm having her vaccination. When we take Oshy in he curls up in a ball on the vet table, he looks so tiny when he does that! His tail tucked under and his head tucked down and under his front legs, it makes me feel SOOO bad for taking him in.

I love hearing stories like this! Well done! I agree with what's been said about your writing. You don't do that as a profession or hobby do you? If not, you should. :)

Thank you- I enjoy writing them. I am definitely not a professional writer, but I enjoy writing and I enjoy having adventures. Luckily, so does Okami.

This morning before work, I took her to a large pond in the woods behind a friend's house. The pond is absolutely crawling with gigantic catfish. My friend has a large garbage can on the dock, filled with food for the catfish. I threw some out and suddenly there were catfish surfacing everywhere to feed. Okami ran to the edge of the dog and was riveted there, looking at them all with a gigantic smile and kicking both of her back feet up and out like a horse bucking. She wanted to get into the water too, but I didn't let her (this time) as I had to get back home soon and head out to work. Anyone know if dogs will try to eat live fish?

• 4 weeks later...

Coming in late on this one - :welcome: and congratulations on finding such a lovely girl! She looks like she's settling in very well!

@Al Jones - a properly fitted and used prong collar can often be more humane than a regular flat collar. I use them myself at times when I want to walk one of my particularly strong guys who pulls - and I don't want to be pulled! It saves wear and tear on the dog's neck - it isn't as likely to cause trauma to the trachea or the spinal column. It pinches, but doesn't truly dig in, if fitted properly.

Coming in late on this one - :welcome: and congratulations on finding such a lovely girl! She looks like she's settling in very well!

@Al Jones - a properly fitted and used prong collar can often be more humane than a regular flat collar. I use them myself at times when I want to walk one of my particularly strong guys who pulls - and I don't want to be pulled! It saves wear and tear on the dog's neck - it isn't as likely to cause trauma to the trachea or the spinal column. It pinches, but doesn't truly dig in, if fitted properly.

You may have missed my follow up comment re the collars:

I wasn't trying to be too critical of the collar, living in an area where they (and spiked collars) are used on pit bulls and rottweilers which are used for "Hog Dogs" (and other more nefarious purposes) it bothered me to see one on a Husky, glad you were able to change it out.

I've seen too many dogs down here where they were used unmercifully - there may be valid uses for them, but I've had some really bad experiences with the dogs and people who use them. "That's my opinion and I'm sticking to it!"

You may have missed my follow up comment re the collars:

I've seen too many dogs down here where they were used unmercifully - there may be valid uses for them, but I've had some really bad experiences with the dogs and people who use them. "That's my opinion and I'm sticking to it!"

No, I did see your follow-up, and I realize that they (like most other tools) can be misused and abused. I did, however, want others (who might look at the collar and be horrified at how it looks) to be aware that it is a legitimate training tool, and a very good one when used appropriately!

Hi there tyler and Okami, and a big warm welcome to the forum.

Oh I have loved reading this, stories like this just warm your heart.

What a beautiful looking girl :wub:

Congratulations Tyler on Okami choosing you to enjoy her life hee hee!! have fun together, sounds like your inseperable already and thats such a lovely beginning. I cant wait to read about all your adventures together.

Welcome. :)

While you've had dogs in your life before (as many of us have)

huskies do seem to be "out there on their own" as far as

strange and weird behaviour is concerned.

Any help you need, just shout :)

Welcome. :)

While you've had dogs in your life before (as many of us have)

huskies do seem to be "out there on their own" as far as

strange and weird behaviour is concerned.

Any help you need, just shout :)

I can vouch for that!!! Luna's not like any other dog I have ever owned, lived with or been around!!!

I can't believe i missed this thread!

Firstly a huge :welcome: to you and Okami - am loving the stories and probably would have done a double take at you both running in the rain too :eek:

I'm a big believer in fate and am sure both of my dogs came to me for a reason and at the right time and i'm sure it's the same with you and Okami. She's a lucky girl that you stopped and had a big enough heart to take her and not call control :clap:

• 3 weeks later...

photo-6.jpg

Me and the girl watching a dog agility competition. Rather, I am watching it. She watched for about two minutes and then said, "Oh...how cute.. they run through tubes and around poles... Let's strap 160 lbs to them and see how far they can pull it in the snow." She's a bit of a snob, but I love her.