New Husky Pup help~!

sparkz

Hi, Got my pup already he seems fine settling in. She seems happy and playfull.

But Yesterday night after dinner.. she was playing around with me and her toys.. jumping ect. After 2 hours she took a poo and also vomited out some of her food.. Abit worried about that vomit.

Should we play with them after food? Would playing with her after meal cause her to vomit?

Or could it be something she eated on the floor?

Playing or walking/running after eating isn't encouraged for that reason.

If she still has good energy for a puppy, she should be fine. Just watch her

How many times a day are you feeding her? 3 to 4 times is best when they are so young, so that they don't eat a lot and then play and puke it all up. If her poo was runny, it could be that you are feeding her too much in one sitting.

I hope she feels better soon :)

If you've not had her for very long it could be because she is still settling in. I would also make a vet appointment. Puppies can often have round worms they got from their moms. My boy got them at the dog park, and had terrible gas and the runs.

If her energy level is good id say there's nothing to worry about.

People are going to be asking for pictures by the way! Unless I've missed that post :P

Doh. Also what food is she getting? What brand?

LOL will post up pictures later.. She is taking Orijin Large breed puppy.. She use to be on eukanuba..

I use to mix her food but seems she only picks out the Orijin to eat and leaves the rest. So i stop giving her eukanuba already.

its gonna take a while for her to get used to the new food. Also, depending on the age you will have to feed different amounts and you should NOT feed her according to the bag outline, specially since you have large breed food. what formula and how much are you feeding? also, how old is she?

That amount sounds about right. At that age the occasional runs or vomit isn't too unusual so try not to worry unless it occurs more frequently. I've heard it's a bad sign though if for example the pup wakes up in the morning and vomits up food from the day before, but Kiska did that once and was fine. They're thougher than they look :D

My puppy done this when we got her , but it was due to the food , we had her on iams large breed and on her vet visit the vet told me she shouldnt be on large , shes a medium sized dog , shes now on iams medium and no sickness ! also we soak her food :)

Good advice from the other guys.

I would cut the food down to 1/4 cup per meal and see if she firms up.

It's probably just a little bit of overfeeding AND adjusting to the new food.

Vomiting is more than likely too much excitement and running around too soon after feeding.

She'll be fine. :)

She is just 8 weeks old. Feeding on Orijin Large Breed. Feeding her about half a cup each time. but she only eats 1/3 of a cup.. So i guess around 1 cup per day over 3 time.

The 1 cup a day seems good..but orijen is a high calorie kibble.. If you continue to see runs.. Cut down a bit...for an example.. My 4 month old eats a cup and half of Comparable kibble.

Hi, Got my pup already he seems fine settling in. She seems happy and playfull.

But Yesterday night after dinner.. she was playing around with me and her toys.. jumping ect. After 2 hours she took a poo and also vomited out some of her food.. Abit worried about that vomit.

Should we play with them after food? Would playing with her after meal cause her to vomit?

Or could it be something she eated on the floor?

It is suggested that you not do any activities with your dog/puppy 30 mins before and after it eats ^.^ they can twist there stomachs. Also I have come to notice alot of puppys that are new to their home commonly have this problem :) so dont worry just make sure she keeps hydrated it will be fine ^.^

She is just 8 weeks old. Feeding on Orijin Large Breed. Feeding her about half a cup each time. but she only eats 1/3 of a cup.. So i guess around 1 cup per day over 3 time.

Also Orijin puppy formula is great that is what I feed my dog. Puppys should start off on a puppy formula to prevent them from having joint/bone issues when they get older from growing too fast ^.^

Yep i mean large breed puppy~

should she be on large breed? , my vet told me not to as huskys arent large breed? there medium , like i said my puppy had that problem and that was cos she was on large breed moved to medium and shes never been better?