She isnt stupid

davidjk

why wouldn't cat biscuits be safe? maybe not advisable due to smelly after effects though. Just asking cos if I'm not quick enough Storm sometimes manages to snatch a mouthful of the cats dry food, and will do anything for 1 as a tiny treat.

If you have both a cat and a dog then you probably already know that it’s hard to keep your dog away from the cat food! Dogs almost universally seem to love cat food. But, is it good for your dog to eat cat food? Can dogs eat cat food, without getting sick? Or, is cat food bad for dogs? The answer is that you should not let your dog eat cat food, no matter how much he likes it.

Dogs are carnivores, just as cats are, but dogs can eat lots of different things, unlike cats. Cats must have a lot of protein in their food for health reasons. For this reason, cat food has a much higher percentage of protein in it that dog food does. It also contains lots of animal fats. It often includes fish, too, which most dogs love. Plus, cat food manufacturers go out of their way to make sure the food has a very strong odor to make it more appealing to cats. All of these things also make cat food almost irresistible to dogs.

If your dog has the opportunity to eat cat food, he probably will. But, should he? Should you let him eat cat food? If your dog eats a bite of cat food once in a while, it probably won’t hurt him. He may have some diarrhea but he probably won’t get sick. However, if you feed your dog cat food instead of dog food, then your dog would become ill. Cat food is not formulated to meet the nutritional needs of dogs. Dogs and cats are different and they do need to eat different foods. Your dog should not eat cat food on a regular basis.

The best way to prevent your dog from eating your cat’s food is to feed your cat some place where your dog can’t get to the food. You may need to feed your cat in a separate room and install a small cat door so only the cat can enter the room. Perhaps you could place the cat’s food and litterbox in a laundry room and put a cat door on the door to this room.

Dogs are often fanatically drawn to eat cat poop, too. One reason is that it is still full of cat food. So, it’s a good idea to keep the kitty’s litterbox off limits to your dog, too.

Some cats are also interested in eating dog food but most dogs are faster eaters so cats have less chance to eat dog food unless you leave dog food sitting out in your dog’s bowl at all times. Again, it would not be healthy for your cat to make a habit of eating dog food.

Remember that dogs and cats do need to eat different foods and try to do all you can to discourage them from eating each other’s food. It may be tempting to try to save money by buying just one food, or it may seem more convenient to only use one food, but dogs and cats have very different nutritional needs and they do need to be fed different foods.

Cute pics :)

Eika is always snatching food out of the cats bowl...mostly when we put it down before we go to bed (in the living room, which when we leave then has a baby gate up) but she always manages to get a bite before i have managed to kick her out of the room!!!

i realize cat biscuits are bad for them. she only get the odd biscuit if the cats drop one.

Let me assure you my 2 get fed mainly raw, bones and veg.

cats all get fed at high level (on top of fridge, wardrobe and until recently in on that surface).

she figured that if she sat there when the biscuits where being dished out, she would stand a better chance of getting some.

cat biscuits arent that bad for dogs, its dog food which can make cats ill if fed on it for a long time, due to the lack of tourine :)

I definately wouldnt worry about a mouthful here and there

love how she fits in a kitty bed!

awwwwwwww how cute is that! i LOVE mishka! she is one of the most stunning sibes ive ever had the pleasure of looking at :)

i wouldnt worry tooooo much about cat biscuits - when we had our cat bings wouldnt eat dog food so always ate cat food for years - he now eats dog food now we have the other 2

Love the pics. Is it because it's someone else's food? Bo eats the parrots seed if he gets the chance that gets dropped on the floor. Should see his face he eats it is similar to when he's eating moths etc he catches in he guarden.

i realize cat biscuits are bad for them. she only get the odd biscuit if the cats drop one.

Let me assure you my 2 get fed mainly raw, bones and veg.

cats all get fed at high level (on top of fridge, wardrobe and until recently in on that surface).

she figured that if she sat there when the biscuits where being dished out, she would stand a better chance of getting some.

Great pics!!Your huskies look fab,and anyone can see from your vids that they are fit and healthy,running around like loons!! It always amazes and impresses me when I see a cat and a husky together!.Cos our lot have never been brought up with them,they are completely obssessed with any if they ever see them on their walks or out and about.:(I don't think they would be very kind to a cat if they ever met one:eek:,just hope it never happens.!!!:)

They are sooooo damn intelligent.

Next thing Micha will be Miaowing

to convince you she's a cat and deserves some. . . :)