Who had the lucky escape??

Val (Zebedee)

I've been on the motorbike to work & back all week, left the car for Steve to use. I have not been having my coat fastened right to the top cos it's been so warm, even though I have been caught in some right heavy downpours!! :mad:

Last night I got home; I was wearing a jumper with fibres (or husky hair, maybe??) & had an itch between my shoulder blades. I did the old trick of rubbing my back against the corner of the door frame to stop the itch but after a few moments, it came back. :confused:

Really annoyed that I couldn't reach it myself, I asked Steve to look under my jumper & scratch it for me; he lifted my jumper and said "There's nothing there ... where is it?" As I was about to answer "between my shoulder blades", he jumped back & let go of my jumper .... a WASP flew out & headed straight for the window!! Cheeky beggar has wings but hitched a lift down my jumper!! :jawdrop: It must have flown down with the wind with my coat being open at the neck & sat there!

Sad thing was, it flew to the window where Myshka was sitting; yep, she chewed it & killed it!! So, the wasp thought it had survived being squished when I rubbed my back against the door frame ... and I'm SO glad I never got stung while riding the bike down the motorway!! :D

super lucky!!!!

Oh how I hate wasps...took the kids camping some time back(not the most recent trip thankfully)...and they'd been playing pranks on me all day...so naturally when they told me there was a bee in my sleeping bag I figured it was another prank and ignored them. Went to climb in...and promptly hopped out of the bag going owowowooowwww. What did I see when I pulled my ankle out? The source of my owies...an evil wasp sitting atop my ankle stinging me again and again and again...

at least bees die when they sting...unfair advantage those wasp buggers have

omg! lol glad u and myshka didnt get stung!

i remember YEARS ago when i was little i was riding my bike round the subby and my brother n his mate were sitting on our garden n shouted something about the back of my leg - stopped n looked n there was this HUGE wasp sinking its stink into the back of me knee! it hurt sooooo much n i dont think i ever cried so much before in my life - even when i droppeda boulder on my toe i never cried lol

you've no proof I do 100+, I mean over 70 :whistling::redface1: I always stick to the speed limit, officer (might have seen the little bugger if I was!!) :rofl:

I wish I could go as fast as 100! My little 125cc moped goes 65, but that is quite fast enough for me! I'd totally freak if there had been a wasp down my back! I don't mind bees so much, they are kinda cute (the bumble kind) I even have one tattooed on my waist. But wasps and hornets are the evil cousins of bees!

I was stung in my foot my stepping on one, twice. The first one (in a swimming pool) was quite a shock but with the second one (while I was doing the dishes) the weird feeling went completely away within two minutes. It's still somewhat annoying though because you totally don't expect it when you're walking inside on your bare feet... :eek: I used to be quite scared of wasps but I'm now way more relaxed with them since I know it's not THAT bad.