gotta give Cheya back.. this is heartbreaking..

Mistyrayn

i am so gutted. i write this while crying my heart out... someone hasnt done there job properly..

after travelling 500 miles to collect Cheya.. get her home the wife scans her and yet and behold we have a micro chip.... her name is Angel...and the wife is duty bound to contact the owner..

as i type this she is arranging for the owners to come collect her.. so a day wasted .. tank and half of fuel.. plus fee paid to Huskies in Need..

they are on way this now to collect her..

some one come rip my heart out.. cos im sure the pain of that will be less than the pain of what i am about to do.. give this bundle of joy back..

• Replies 45
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

That is just horrible :(

You've been sold a dog that wasn't theirs to sell in the first place and it's their fault for not checking properly. I know they're a charity, but you should definately be able to get your adoption fee back and should at least try to claim for the money you spent going to get her.

I am so sorry for your loss in this terrible incident. I would guess you have quite a "bone to pick" with huskies in need, and believe they ought to not only reimburse your adoption fees but also your expenses to pick her up. Shame on them.:nooo::omg:

Oh, that just sucks big time. . . WHAT ??? :wtf:

You should get your fee back and the cost of all petrol spent, Huskies in need have been

Massively negligent in not finding the chip.

YES, I know chips can travel with time migrating from the back of the neck

even down into the legs. . . BUT

If you found it with a simple scan

WHY the HELL Didn't they. :(

looks like there is a 2nd husky that has been whining for her.. and i couldnt live with myself if i dont hand her back... i needless to say am going out to the pub.. non drinker about to have few beers co's i don't wanna be here when they collect her.. he even said what Emma told me that she opens doors..

will make sure they are givin a card for this forum.. just in case for the future..

Oh no what an awful situation to be in. Gutted that your losing Cheya after only just getting her but also happy in a way that you've been able to trace her owners who must have been devastated to lose her in the first place.

I hope you can take some comfort from the fact that you've helped her find her way home and saved her from being PTS by the kennels.

Her owners and HIN should certainly have something to say to the kennels for not checking she was chipped

omg Rich are you sure the owners werent mistreating her? I mean how did she end up in rescue in the first place? and lets not blame huskies in need as the place she was rescued from DIDNT scan her either did they? was she registered as missing?

It wasnt the fault of Huskies In Need. She was found and taken to the pound, it was them that should have scanned for a chip. She was very nearly put to sleep, and they hadn't even tried to track an owner down :(

not sayin HIN are at fault sorry didnt say clearly ..what i meant was some one at the vets or the pound didnt do job properly.. the postcode for pound is only a few miles from owners address..

Wow Richard, that's heartbreaking! So sorry to hear.:cry1: Who in the heck decided at a freaking RESCUE /VET/POUND that a dog brought in doesn't need to be scanned for a chip!?:angry::angry: This could have been avoided!!:arghh:

EDIT: Just changed it to include everyone.:D

It could have been an honest mistake, but I do feel for you Rich, you've travelled a fair old way today to get Cheya/Angel and just seemed so darn happy to have her with you. How far away are the owners? And I hope they sounded bleedin' happy to be gettin her back!

but a much loved but lost dog was so close to be sent to sleep co's someone didnt do their job properly.

not sayin HIN are at fault sorry didnt say clearly ..what i meant was some one at the vets or the pound didnt do job properly.. the postcode for pound is only a few miles from owners address..

Sorry Rich that wasn't meant at ur post, I was just clearing it up for those that had read it wrong

I am in shock, was gutted when you took her as she was so clingy with me, but I knew you were perfect for her. I feel really weird, can't imagine how you feel. Even though she was only here for a week it felt like she was mine in a weird kinda way. I know what you went through to get her, I'm so sorry. Massive hugs!

(cookie sends lots of licks, she knows you like them)

Did the staff working at the pound tell HIN that they had scanned her and had come up with no chip? If so then the pound are 100% to blame for either lying or failing to scan a large enough area to find the chip. If however HIN took on the dog and didn't bother to find out whether she'd been scanned and didn't bother to scan her themselves then they are also to blame - I would think a chip would be the first thing you'd look for, if they didn't look or check the pounds records to find out then that's negligence on their part. Please don't get me wrong, I support HIN and think this is aweful to have happened with one of their dogs, but it's only right that they refund what's due, assuming they're at fault.

Did the staff working at the pound tell HIN that they had scanned her and had come up with no chip? If so then the pound are 100% to blame for either lying or failing to scan a large enough area to find the chip. If however HIN took on the dog and didn't bother to find out whether she'd been scanned and didn't bother to scan her themselves then they are also to blame - I would think a chip would be the first thing you'd look for, if they didn't look or check the pounds records to find out then that's negligence on their part. Please don't get me wrong, I support HIN and think this is aweful to have happened with one of their dogs, but it's only right that they refund what's due, assuming they're at fault.

as far as i am aware HIN didnt actually physically come into contact with the dog, it was posted up she was going to be PTS lee and someone else (cant remember sorry) helped to transport her and emma fostered her. Please correct me if im wrong Emma&Cookie