gotta give Cheya back.. this is heartbreaking..

Mistyrayn

• Replies 45
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Oh wow so this is a lot more complicated than it seems. I still would have thought they'd have made every effort to find the dog's original owners before sending her to foster by looking for a chip, but I don't feel I know enough now to make any further comments :S:

omg Rich are you sure the owners werent mistreating her? I mean how did she end up in rescue in the first place? and lets not blame huskies in need as the place she was rescued from DIDNT scan her either did they? was she registered as missing?

Yeah how long has she been missing? and how hard did they try and find her?

The pound had gone to the trouble of giving her vaccs, therefore they should also have checked for a chip. I thought this is what chips were for? If the dog goes missing, the pound scan her and trace owners.

I'm disgusted. Doesn't matter who is to blame, I'm totally gutted for Richard :(

The pound had gone to the trouble of giving her vaccs, therefore they should also have checked for a chip. I thought this is what chips were for? If the dog goes missing, the pound scan her and trace owners.

I'm disgusted. Doesn't matter who is to blame, I'm totally gutted for Richard :(

I agree with you ems. x

i'm so sorry for you and your family.

it also makes me wonder how often this sort of thing happens? Is it a complete one off or have missing dogs been pts or rehomed whilst their owners are

probably going out of their minds looking for their beloved pets!

its absolutely disgusting

poor puppy,poor Richard and everyone else involved in her rescue.

on a happy note though.....Angel has been returned to her family....bittersweet i know!

Rich, I don't really know what to say, I bet you are devastated, She's such a lovely girl, I'm glad she will be reunited with her owners, but Can't help thinking that if I lost one of my dogs, and Like Angel, it has been missing for more than 2 weeks, I would most probably have called every pound in the area.

Doesn't excuse the pound for not finding the chip though, especially as the went to the trouble of giving her the inoculations...

I guess her owners are extremely lucky as if we all hadn't have stepped in Angel would be no longer alive.

All the best,

Trev.

Boy talk a bout a wrangle of mixed emotions.

Very sad for Rick since he had the perfect dog in Chaya, the fourth for the foursome of his team; I'd be griefstricken if someone popped up as Misty's owner.

Very happy for the owners, I can't imagine them not being overjoyed at having her returned. But I too have to question them not finding him if their postal code was that close to the pound - I'd have been checking at least every day if not more!

Dismayed that no one at the pound or the vets found the chip - but here in the states there are 3 - 4 different chips that don't all register with each others detectors.

Sorry Rick, and that doesn't cut it. Have one for me too!

This is awful :( Richard i'm so so sorry all this for nothing (on your part anyway) I'm glad the original owners will be reunited with her - gutted for you and furious at the pound that some incompetant person has failed to give a correct duty of care to the dog! this is BASIC :duh:

I know it's not any sort of consolation but I hope you and HIN are recompensed for this :(

So sorry to hear this. This is why having a collar and tag on the dog at all times is so important. Shelters/pounds can easily miss a chip if they are overwhelmed or busy but a collar with a tag cannot be so easily missed! After a few things like this here in Florida, many places have adopted new procedures where the dog is thoroughly scanned at least 3 times before anything is done with them.