UPDATE** on Cheya / Angel

Mistyrayn

ok it has been a long stressfull day.. as most of you know from previous posts i collected Cheya today and thru failure of the pound to do simple checks before signing her over to HIN ..

it turns out she is microchipped and has got owners that have been looking like mad for her,,sadly they till tonight did not know of this forum or husky welfares.. but they do now..

so i think soon we will have new members,,

the owners turned up.. and it was obvious from the start that they were the real owners.. lucky for them my wife is a qualified microchipper and we found her chip.. and moraly and legally we contacted the owners.. they came to my home.. and as heartbreaking as it was i had to let her go..

many phone calls later with Emma ( & cookie ) who has been fantastic thru this ordeal and speaking to Beth from HIN.. legally i did not have to let her go.. legally she belonged to HIN.. yeh part of me didnt want to let her go.. part on chatting to owners and explaining what had been paid out of my pocket .. adoption fee ..fuel etc.. they there and then transfered my costs instantly to my bank. so now all it boils down to is i have lost all of my saturday driving to leeds and back..but do ya know what.. im happy ..i saw how happy Angel was to see her sister and play with her and how pleased she was to see her family agian.. we have had long chats and i hope ..well i think i have helped educate them.. so hopefully this doesnt happen again ..but if it does then they will know where to come for help..

as strange as it sounds out of all this i think i have ended up with 2 adults and 4 very very gratefull and new friends..

im sad i have lost Angel but happy she is back where she belongs.. she didnt escape thru fear or mistreatment .. but purely co's she is able to climb.. very high fences.. she is one of the most energectic Huskies i have seen... and i could see her mum loved her big time.. and even tho at start i left them looked in kennel for safety ..Angel was desperate to see her mum..

stressfull day.. but alls well that ends well.... she is back where she belongs.. i will prob cry tonight when i sleep.. but im am happy at the same time...

just so annoyed that the pound didnt do there job properly.. it took the wife all of 10 mins to find chip ..phone company.. get owners details..and then be on phone to them..

a lot of heart break and time could have been saved if these people did job properly.. worst thing is if HIN had not have saved her.. then the pound would have sent her over the rainbow bridge at the age of 1yr..

sleep tight my husky family.. im so glad i found this forum.. i hope many others do..

• Replies 53
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Thats an amazing story dude!

Its like fate that she would come to you, if she had gone to ANYONE else, Her family would have never of found her.

You have done and absolutley amazing thing this day Rich, Dnt ever forget that, I'm sure the family will be eternally grateful to you for it.

I really hope we see them on here :)

All the best Rich, Keep remembering how happy you made that family :)

I really admire how level headed and gracious you have been through this ordeal. Good on you for handing her back to her rightful owners, even though it has been such a painful thing to do. Hopefully Angel will not escape again and hopefully her owners will join up here and you will be able to keep in contact easily.

To see the story from the bright side: Because of you and your wife a husky owner found her lost husky back. If this husky went to someone else, they might never knew it and the original owner would still be looking around for her husky. Or actually, what am I saying? If you didn't get this husky, if might not have been alive by now. So basically you saved a husky from PTS and was able to reunite it to his owners, and that's quite something. Think about it! :grouphug:

To see the story from the bright side: Because of you and your wife a husky owner found her lost husky back. If this husky went to someone else, they might never knew it and the original owner would still be looking around for her husky. Or actually, what am I saying? If you didn't get this husky, if might not have been alive by now. So basically you saved a husky from PTS and was able to reunite it to his owners, and that's quite something. Think about it! :grouphug:

What he said

Omg! Richard, stop making me cry!!

I told you she was a hurricane didn't I?!

Bless your cotton socks, for everything.

You didn't have a wasted journey, you helped re-unite a lost little girl with her people :) I'd say that was far from a waste!

I'm so gutted, but happy at the same time. I feel priveleged that she stayed here for a week, and I got to know her. She was like my little shadow for a week. Unlike my traitor of a husky who has ignored me all day :( and gives strangers with liver lots of kisses lol!

Cheya/Angels owners, are VERY lucky people indeed, and I really hope they join up and keep in touch.

All in all, I admire you for being so lovely about the whole ordeal.

I've met lovely new friends, and a brilliant sweet little husky, who turned my house upside down for nearly a week. But I wouldn't have it any other way :D

I hope you find the 4th member of your pack Richard, you're a lovely bloke :)

Angel had her very own Angel!

What a roller coaster ride of emotions you've been on Richard. My hat goes off to you and your wife for doing the right thing. There's always a reason for everything that happens.

(((((Richard))))) Despite the hurt, you did the right thing. Angel is home and you and your wife made that happen. I hope you sleep well knowing that even when it wasn't required, you did the honorable thing. And Angel & her family will always thank you for it.

Awww, you have me in tears! Congratulations on being a stand-up kind of guy - I admire you! As Mazz said, it seems to me that everything worked out just as it was supposed to. That being the case, YOUR "Angel" should come along one of these days... :grouphug:

I know how you feel on both sides there but, I'm glad she found her home, and they her. You don't need us to tell you you did the right thing, but I wish there were more people like you in this world. Most wouldn't have done that.

Nice job Richard.

I'm so sad for you and your wife,but happy at the same time.

you and your wife must be exceptionally nice people,not only for rehoming in the 1st place

but for giving her back to her owners.

many people i think would have let their heart rule their head and kept her.

i just hope it hasn't put you off trying again:D

on a side note....i do think the pound where she was at need a stern talking to and maybe more training in certain areas so this cannot happen again!

also,do scanners pick up every chip,or is there a possibility that certain chips can only be read with a certain scanner?

Richard.

You're an absolute Saint.

Well done.

You've gone above and beyond the call of duty.

AND. . .

recruited new members.

:wave1:

This story had me in tears, of sadness and joy :) imagine how those owners must have felt when they got that phone call :D I know it must have been so hard to make the call but doing the right thing always works out for the best :) I take my hat if to you and your wife amazing fantastic people :) if the world had more like you then we wouldn't have any worries :)