Hello

Silas Jude

Hi peeps.

I have joined this forum to see if i can steal some of your husky based wisdom and make it my own :) I got a Husky pup named Loki, she is actually half Malamute half Husky....but you wont hold that against her right....? would be keen to hear tips on diet and nutrition i guess cos she seems to have a bit of a wheat thing going on.....

talk to you soon i hope!!

:kimba2:

• Replies 26
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

welcome to the pack ----> :worthless:

erm wainwrights is a good food to feed - it is hypoallergenic too - @Sid_Wolf 's boy grey has a wheat allergy too so she will be able 2 tell you what food she feeds him (ive tagged her so she will see this and reply)

also anything else u wana no just post up :)

Thanks! i'm not altogether sure it is a wheat allergy but i reckon so...i mean she is growing fast and seems perfectly healthy, just tipping the scales at 20 kg aged 4 and a half months....but it would just be so much easier if things were a little more solid if you know what i mean;)

:hello: and :welcome::huskyrocks:

You and your pup are more than welcome I have a husky named Kuma and a pit bull named Koopa and even Koopa has been welcomed here :D This is a great site, lots of friendly people and lots of great info. Any specific question just ask or post a thread and someone on here should have an answer :D

welcome!

As Nix said above, my boy Grey has allergies to cereals, including wheat and corn, so we feed Quest, its an online only working dog food which is very good quality, I have a fussy eater too and since being on Quest she hasnt missed a meal! :D

hello guys, and thanks for the tips so far. I'm in the UK

I know that my Sibe's stools vary widely by food type. Does Loki have gas? If so, that's a good sign you need to change feed. You might consider looking for a no-grain feed and try her on it, if her stools firm up and she looks good that's the trick.

A lot of folks here feed Taste of the Wild, and it's great feed, but Sarah got the most obnoxiously awful gas on that feed. I'm talking clear the whole room gas! I moved her to another comperable feed and voila! the gas was gone.

Dogs are individuals, you have to experiment a bit to find what works best for them.

yeah the gas thing isnt actually too bad....and she is certaintly full of energy and a healthy size, it is just i'm thinking i cant feed her rice forever...i'm gonna try introducing some other food for say one of her meals and see what difference that makes over the week....

ok ok it may be a little late but my neice has just done some phone/pc voodoo so i now have photos....

This was taken about a week ago, she had that old wicker chair as a pup...she doesnt fit too well now but its comfy, like an old shoe :~)

And this was her about 2 months ago.....quite a difference!!

post-5476-13585975624146_thumb.jpg

post-5476-13585975624692_thumb.jpg