Grabbing the neck and shaking? ? ?

aronoiiel

Diesel has started this new thing with Kiana when they play in my dad's yard of grabbing her scruff and shaking her like freaking rag doll O_o Kiana doesn't seem to mind as she has a big old grin and doesn't yelp or anything but eesh sometimes I wonder if her head is going to pop off. Any ideas? Should I be addressing this somehow? I have a vid I took today if it will help lol.

• Replies 31
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Yeah, just playfighting.

The grabbing and pinning by the neck is a dominance thing.

It helps them sort their order in the pack.

Without any real damage.

Rather that than full on REAL fighting,

which has completely different sound and body posture / movements.

You'll know the difference.

Thanks the vid is great.

And WOW Huge Garden. :)

LOL aww thanks for the awesome replies guys! I wasn't concerned really about it being aggressive I know they were in play mode it was just shocking I guess to see him grab a mouthful of scruff and turn her into raggedy ann :confused: Kiana's NEVER done that to another dog so I wasn't sure what that was all about LOL.

Rose: thank you for the heads up that was a concern of mine as well and I will definitely keep an eye out for that. :)

Andy: LOL yeah it really is huge it's actually my dad's they aren't allowed so he rents it out to the fur kids a few times a week lol. He misses having a dog about and he gets all the fun of his granddogs without any of the mess or financial woes :P I in the mean time get some quiet time at home afterwards lol

Yeah, just playfighting.

The grabbing and pinning by the neck is a dominance thing.

It helps them sort their order in the pack.

Without any real damage.

Rather that than full on REAL fighting,

which has completely different sound and body posture / movements.

You'll know the difference.

Thanks the vid is great.

And WOW Huge Garden. :)

Oh yeah, I've seen dogs try to rip each other apart at the dog park (not Suka; though he has started some minor fights a few times due to him wanting to dominate everybody.)

It's terrifying. They go up on their hind legs, snapping and snarling each other and they look like they would kill each other if they weren't separated.

Oh yeah, I've seen dogs try to rip each other apart at the dog park (not Suka; though he has started some minor fights a few times due to him wanting to dominate everybody.)

It's terrifying. They go up on their hind legs, snapping and snarling each other and they look like they would kill each other if they weren't separated.

Ahem. . . Darwin and Daughtry. . . :)

post-2850-13586078504004_thumb.jpg.jpg]

post-1354-13585975591031_thumb.jpg

Love the pic andy :)

Freya does this to indi all the time she has quite a mane on her so always looks worse! But do step in if I think they are getting too rough :) have never had a growl or fight with each other in the 1 and half years they have been together! Not even over food :)

LOL - but Andy, those two are just playing. You know what I mean; have you ever been in the middle of a dog fight?

erm. . . yep

Echo 'n' Darwin :(

post-3555-13586078563589_thumb.jpg

post-1354-13585975623288_thumb.jpg

post-1354-13585975623719_thumb.jpg