Meaning of your screen name?

siberian_wolf

• Replies 86
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Andy short for Andrew.

and according to Wiki. . . :)

The word is derived from the old Greek 'ανήÃÂ/άνδÃÂοÂ' 'aner/andros', meaning "manly" and, as consequence, "strong" and "courageous".

:clap:

:doglaugh:OMFG, just wait till I show the other half this later - or perhaps i shouldn't cause he might mention it once or twice

• 2 weeks later...

Trey means three in other languages, I'm the third. // Fun fact! My real name isn't Trey, thats just my nickname, but my parents never call me by my real name, and the only entity that does it the government. I like to make it known that I have another name, but keep it a secret, because I love secrets :D

And Rust means, acording to webster:

a : the reddish brittle coating formed on iron especially when chemically attacked by moist air and composed essentially of hydrated ferric oxideb : a comparable coating produced on a metal other than iron by corrosionc : something resembling rust : accretion

: corrosive or injurious

influence

or effect

: any of numerous destructive diseases of plants produced by fungi (order Uredinales) and characterized by usually reddish-brown pustular lesions; also : a fungus causing this

: a strong reddish brown

Andy short for Andrew.

and according to Wiki. . . :)

The word is derived from the old Greek 'ανήÃÂ/άνδÃÂοÂ' 'aner/andros', meaning "manly" and, as consequence, "strong" and "courageous".

:clap:

Help, someone, anyone, I lost my boots!!!!!

my dogs all have Norse god names so we stuck with the theme I'm Valkyries and hubby is Valhalla , we're the Norse god family lol

Loving the Norse theme, Linda! Ours should have his middle name or nickname of Loki as he is a trickster and very mischievous, but in a more lighthearted way;) Came by mine because my name is Attila, I am descended from the Vikings(I am Norwegian and Danish) and our pup is named Demon-Czar Demon Dragunov (last part of his name is Russian-the Russian sniper rifle)

Here we go again...

I started playing a game 6 years ago, and I was an asshole on my first account. I didn't keep the account or the attitude long.

Quickly afterwards I was trying to lighten up everything, and this was the first thing that came to me. Why? I dunno, I didn't have one until nearly 3 years later.

Help, someone, anyone, I lost my boots!!!!!

LOL. . . Now you see if you needed help fighting off a Lion, a Direwolf or a Snark.

But lost property. . . hmmmmm, bit below my pay grade. . . sorry. :)

Trey means three in other languages, I'm the third. // Fun fact! My real name isn't Trey, thats just my nickname, but my parents never call me by my real name, and the only entity that does it the government. I like to make it known that I have another name, but keep it a secret, because I love secrets :D

LOL, I can relate - I was named for people, and as my dad is a "3rd", he didn't want to put me through that kind of confusion! Gigi is a nickname my parents came up with for me when I was a baby (also 3rd born!) - it's from my initials, but they liked the movie "Gigi" (hence the "Parisian Girl" nickname here!), so they spelled it as they did. As with you, generally only "official" people who don't have a clue call me by my given name!

FRANKLIN PHIL is actually my pen name. It actually came from a song I wrote for my daughter when she was a baby. I used to sing it to her all through her growing up years, and even now, while she's starting her second year of college, I still sing it too her. I wont make you ask, so here goes. In the fourth verse there's mention of our cat mee mee that we had when she was a baby.

THE FRANKLIN PHIL SONG

There was a frog sitting on my window sill.

I gave him glass of milk, and I called him Franklin Phil.

I opened up the window and he hopped right down the hill.

I'm not a baby any more.

A horse in the rain, he had no coat to wear.

I gave him my coat and said it's nice to share.

When you have a friend, you like to comb her hair.

I'm not a baby any more.

Turtles are kinda funny looking and they're pretty slow.

When you heat 'em up, in the dark they kinda glow.

They can not catch a baseball and they also can not throw.

I'm not a baby any more.

Mee mee is a cat and she's extra extra large.

In the way of boats she's kinda like a barge.

Daddy saw her in a cage and she cost him fifteen dollars.

I'm not a baby any more.

I'm not a baby any more!

FRANKLIN PHIL is actually my pen name. It actually came from a song I wrote for my daughter when she was a baby. I used to sing it to her all through her growing up years, and even now, while she's starting her second year of college, I still sing it too her. I wont make you ask, so here goes. In the fourth verse there's mention of our cat mee mee that we had when she was a baby.

THE FRANKLIN PHIL SONG

There was a frog sitting on my window sill.

I gave him glass of milk, and I called him Franklin Phil.

I opened up the window and he hopped right down the hill.

I'm not a baby any more.

A horse in the rain, he had no coat to wear.

I gave him my coat and said it's nice to share.

When you have a friend, you like to comb her hair.

I'm not a baby any more.

Turtles are kinda funny looking and they're pretty slow.

When you heat 'em up, in the dark they kinda glow.

They can not catch a baseball and they also can not throw.

I'm not a baby any more.

Mee mee is a cat and she's extra extra large.

In the way of boats she's kinda like a barge.

Daddy saw her in a cage and she cost him fifteen dollars.

I'm not a baby any more.

I'm not a baby any more!

Ahem. Where the video and audio? We got the lyrics but we need to know the groove!

Loving the Norse theme, Linda! Ours should have his middle name or nickname of Loki as he is a trickster and very mischievous, but in a more lighthearted way;) Came by mine because my name is Attila, I am descended from the Vikings(I am Norwegian and Danish) and our pup is named Demon-Czar Demon Dragunov (last part of his name is Russian-the Russian sniper rifle)

You know, I really like the name Attila. In our catshelter when stray cats come in we'll have to give them a name. And no name will be used twice, even if the precious cat already went to their new owner 3 years ago. So we're always looking for good new names. I'm going to add Attila to our list :)

Well, we all know huskies are full of hijinx, and initially I was planning on starting a blog and named it that, and never got around to writing. So it seemed like a good name on here, because now that there are two, there is lots of hijinx going on, and of course, if we expand the pack...there will be more!!!

You know, I really like the name Attila. In our catshelter when stray cats come in we'll have to give them a name. And no name will be used twice, even if the precious cat already went to their new owner 3 years ago. So we're always looking for good new names. I'm going to add Attila to our list :)

Why thank you, I would be honored! Its primarily a Hungarian name, but widely used in Scandinavia as well.

slight info of my real name; bcoz evrybody else does it I wanna do it too LOL

"Olivia" is actually my middle name x) Don't really like my first name and my childhood nickname is Livi (pronounced as Liv-eyy) anyway LOL

"Olivia" is a Latin word for the olive tree (bleh thats obvious LOL) which is the symbol of peace.

"LURCHYBOLD"

where I used to work we had a bolding guy with no neck who looked like Uncle Fester from the Addams Family, and a younger guy who looked like Pugsley so me being rather tall got named Lurch. As years went by and I climbed the ranks the workers from other areas who new me as Lurch started using the prhase "Lord Lurchybold of Gloucester" whenever they e-mailed or mentioned me in e-mails. So I started using the title Lurchybold as a username, those that know me refer to me as Lurch which is the prefered address,

Lurch & Boone