Your dream job

valkyries

• Replies 38
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I always thought that a year and a half ago, I'd gotten my dream job of being and editor of a small town newspaper. And for the most part, I did. But the thing about a dream job is that once I had it, it changed into a just a job.

I love to write and tell people's stories, but I'd like to take my time and not worry so much about deadlines. I love the writing, I don't love the formatting emails, customer service, dealing with company policy, etc. etc. etc.

Thinking now that my dream job would be freelance writing. Same thing, just no office and none of the distractions. (Would love to write a book - have a couple chapters of one done "The Diary of an old Siberian" but thinking it won't be a best seller!

To a great degree, I agree with @Austinville - once you get what you thought was going to be your dream job, reality sets in, and you see all the parts of it that go along with it that you hadn't considered, before. I LOVE living with 13 huskies, however, that's 13 dogs that need care and attention daily, not to mention 13 dogs I have to clean up poo after! 13 dogs to bathe and groom often enough to keep them healthy and reasonably clean and neat. I also haven't had anything like a vacation for literally about 7 years! (Did I mention that I am also unpaid/slave labor?)