Texas heat = tons of ticks

bksheppard

I need some advice on ways to get rid of all of the ticks covering my boys. I've tried 2 different types of drops, powder, spray, shampoo, conditioner, yard spray, yard powder, and yard granular. Everytime there just seems to be more and more ticks on them. I don't know what else to try. I am going to try a different drop ( k9 advantax) as soon as the month ends but for now i am stuck. I'm terrified they are going to get sick! Any advice?

We had a real rash of very small ticks when summer set in but I haven't seen any since then.

When over in Houston I used Comport since the main problem there was fleas, since I've gotten over here I've been using FrontLine Plus and haven't seen any. It's easier to check the pups (since they have less hair) than Misty so I can't definitely say there aren't any, just that I haven't seen them.

Personally I haven't found *anything* OTC that works well for either fleas or ticks.

I've found a few on my guys (and on myself! :jawdrop:), so was talking with my vet about it yesterday - she likes Advantix... (I'm probably not going to use it unless the problem gets worse, as the main one I've found ticks on is Shad, who's 14 and rather frail... Nice to know the options, though!)