kids these days!!!

Graeme&thepack

It is that a lot of people d not like kids being on forums just because a lot of them are in-mature. I did comd here to learn. I did NOT right that out of hate. This is a very good site and I hope to add more on to my knowledge. I do not have very good people skills (I keep more to myslelf when I can) so i am trying to work on it. Again sorry if I came off rude I did not mean to.

oops, I said "haste" as in a hurry, I didn't see any hate in there.

• Replies 33
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

Deidra, good post. You are so very welcome here and I hope we hear a lot more from you. We oldies can, and do learn a lot from the younger generation :) you all have a unique way of looking at things that is refreshing.

Everyone is young in there own way. My great grandma is 90 something but man does that lady have energy. She walks to my house to her house twice a week and it s summer! We tell he rnot to but she does anyway. It is only about 5 blocks.

I will go out adn say it know. I am a little weary when people say I am going to breed my dog! Yes,if you show your dog or work with them do all the clearences,temperment ect..then I can understand but from all of my dogs I have ever had being rescues and then you just want to breed to dogs randomly I get a littl hot headed. I am learning to keep it under control though. I just say " have you don all the clearences? Do you ahve the money if complications happen? If owners of the puppys can't keep them are you going to take them back or let them suffer in a pound?". That is only one of my quirks that I get iffy on the subject.

One thing that annoys me around here actually... the younger kids in this area are lovely, I know a lot of them and they know me and my dogs and we often talk about animals etc when I see them. Their parents know who I am and know my daughter (will miss it when we move on monday). But the older kids the school leavers are always out and drinking, making a lot of noise at night. I did go out drinking at that age, I mean who didn't at 18? But I was not making noise on the way home I was very quiet and respectful to my neighbours.

Yes there is a lot more children doing nasty things, but also there are some children who are growing up to fast. My sister is 15 and she knows way more than I did at 15 about life. She is very mature for her age and knows what she wants out of life. I didn't know that until I was about 20 and it has changed once since then.

@Deidra No one on here would ever judge you for being younger :) If anything very happy that you've come on here to learn!

I'm young-ish too - almost 20 - but I was raised properly. I'm much more mature than classmates my age - and I find myself more comfortable speaking with adults. Although, I guess at 20 I could be considered an adult now too? Yay!

I think the problem is today's lack of parenting.

I wasn't smacked or slapped as punishment as a little kid - I was told to go in a corner and have a 'time out' from all the things I enjoyed if I did something bad. My brother was raised the same way. We both don't have behaviour issues; we know what is right from wrong. We don't do drugs, drink excessive amounts of alcohol, or hang out with the wrong crowd. We don't shoot BB guns at people (not that they are allowed here, anyways...). We aren't disrespectful to our parents or to anybody else. Heck, I made it a habit to open doors for the elderly/people who couldn't open the doors themselves (like those carrying things in both hands.).

Being smacked around shouldn't be a substitute for good parenting, IMO.

@Deidra : I'm heading into university and going to be a Zoologist; then later specialize into animal behaviour. I'd have you know getting into any vet school is tough...if you need any tips or recommendations on which school to go to (though I'd need your general area.) then I can provide that info. Anything to help another person.

I would have become a vet, it was my dream as a little kid, but I couldn't do the marks and I couldn't put animals down. (But, oddly, I enjoy dissections in school.)

I'm young-ish too - almost 20 - but I was raised properly. I'm much more mature than classmates my age - and I find myself more comfortable speaking with adults. Although, I guess at 20 I could be considered an adult now too? Yay!

I think the problem is today's lack of parenting.

I wasn't smacked or slapped as punishment as a little kid - I was told to go in a corner and have a 'time out' from all the things I enjoyed if I did something bad. My brother was raised the same way. We both don't have behaviour issues; we know what is right from wrong. We don't do drugs, drink excessive amounts of alcohol, or hang out with the wrong crowd. We don't shoot BB guns at people (not that they are allowed here, anyways...). We aren't disrespectful to our parents or to anybody else. Heck, I made it a habit to open doors for the elderly/people who couldn't open the doors themselves (like those carrying things in both hands.).

Being smacked around shouldn't be a substitute for good parenting, IMO.

@Deidra : I'm heading into university and going to be a Zoologist; then later specialize into animal behaviour. I'd have you know getting into any vet school is tough...if you need any tips or recommendations on which school to go to (though I'd need your general area.) then I can provide that info. Anything to help another person.

I would have become a vet, it was my dream as a little kid, but I couldn't do the marks and I couldn't put animals down. (But, oddly, I enjoy dissections in school.)

Good for you, Elyse! I don't think anyone was promoting "smacking" kids around, so much as a swat on the butt - highly effective for me as a kid, especially when it was threatened publicly - I was SURE I wouldn't survive the embarrassment! @Deidra has a very good vet school not terribly far from her in Champaign, Illinois! Deidra, you'll need to do well in math, biology and chemistry, especially, to get into vet school - good luck to you! Unless you want to work in a lab situation, you'll also need good people skills, so well done for trying to work on those! :)

i don't condone child abuse but a smack on the backside or back of the legs is a short sharp stop to most kids, even the threat of one is enough to deter most kids

@deirdra

im 26 but ill always be a bit immature lol

you sound very grown up and whilst that is sometimes a good thing, dont forget to have a childhood!!!!

kids need to learn respect nowadays, if i said and did half the stuff my lil bro gets away with....i would have been grounded with no toys in my room and a naughty corner when i wasnt doing schoolwork or in bed!!!!