Some people make my blood boil

Amanda Mayson

Ignore the head master, you weren't on school property and your dog was well behaved so there's absolutely no reason why you shouldn't take Alfie with you!

:grouphug:

I completely agree. I think the Headteacher owes you an apology. I would write or speak to him and suggest that he looks up huskies on the internet before make such crass and stupid remarks on a subject he appers to have very little knowledge of. You should also state that you feel that you had been personally verbally bullied by him, resulting in you being so upset that you had to make alternative arrangements to have your child picked up. It appears that he had treated you like an irresponsible adult when in fact you are completely the opposite and a caring parent. Also he should be informed that the lollipop lady was being negligent in her duty as she is paid to patrol the school crossing and not run into the school to tell tales on a parent who is standing outside the school grounds with their pet dog. You have every right to walk your dog to school, wait outside the school premises and your daughter up.

• Replies 45
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Thanks again for your comments i did take alfie to school, i did take the headmaster a letter and info on huskies, but of course he was not in his office, there are signs on some school gates on the other side that say no dogs, but i was no where near that side of the school, anyway on the bottom of my letter i have said i will require an apology or i will be going to the newspaper. so will see what happens, the lollipop lady would not even look at me, i picked up my daughter with Alfie and held my head up high.

Thanks again for your comments i did take alfie to school, i did take the headmaster a letter and info on huskies, but of course he was not in his office, there are signs on some school gates on the other side that say no dogs, but i was no where near that side of the school, anyway on the bottom of my letter i have said i will require an apology or i will be going to the newspaper. so will see what happens, the lollipop lady would not even look at me, i picked up my daughter with Alfie and held my head up high.

:yahoo: go you! :D - they never are around when u need them lol - keep us posted

I applaud your actions, a little education goes a long way.

I hope that you had taken the opportunity to cool off a bit before you wrote your letter to him, though. Ignorance is curable, stupidity isn't. He displayed a bit of both and now's a really good time to "cure the ignorance".

Good for you

dont like an ignorant little man whose power has gone to his head bully you!!

dont schools have an intolerance to bullying these day,and in my mind thats what he has tried to do.

As for the squealing lollipop lady.....well you dont need me to tell you were i'd tell her to stick her lollipop:eek:

And as you're my new pen-pal,tell him i'll come visit and bring my 3 with me too.......:evil:

Wow for a school official he is a very uneducated man. Good for you for writing a letter and giving husky info and not letting it stop you from taking your dog with you. Keep us updated, I would like to know if he apologizes.

I really hate to see the reactions when Kuma gets to go in public. We live in the country on 89 acres so our walks are mostly in the woods. My cousin did stop and ask me "what kind is that" when he saw Kuma but after saying Sibe. Husky he never said anything else.

good for you in taking your pet dog back to the public road outside the school, (apologies to any headteachers on here) but I think they actually undergo a brain procedure when they are appointed which relieves them of the ability to think straight. I've come across a fair few real nutters of head teachers.

I have had that problem too as well except it was with my malamute the giant wolf I wasn't as nice lol

and used one of my older daughters typos dume ass let them know to get a clue which i just put nicely.

Zoey is a 100 pound 28 inch tall 20 month old I have also heard why doesnt she have blue eyes ummmmmm cause she is a mally lol, as for Mya the husky when I take her to the pet stores I hear is your german shepard deaf with those blue eyes alot it gets tiresome trying to educate some people out here.

Take the dog with you when you go to get the kids from school as long as you have control and the dog is leashed and your on the sidewalk (cant say what i want to) thumb your nose at them lol

Whilst I understand your annoyance - please for a few seconds put yourself in a small child's shoes coming face to face with your husky!

Whilst the majority of children love dogs, there are 1 or 2 that are afraid - we have a child at school who totally freaks out if they even see a dog, it doesn't even have to be near them! As a result of this we have had to ask parents who do bring their dogs to school, to stand away from our main gate, to allow this child to exit as normally as possible.

Having said that, the head seems like a total idiot and needs educating himself!

Today my friend picked my little girl from school as i was working, when i got home my daughter said to me mummy there is a letter in my bag for you......and yes there it was an apology........actually he admits he was wrong and said he has had words with the lollipop lady....... it did make me feel a bit better but it should not have happened in the first place, to answer one of the comments above i consider children and adults who dont like dogs and who are very afraid its always in the back of my mind whereever i am, i would never put any child in that situation thats why i did not go through the school gates and i stood behind a fence.

OH Shhhhhhhhh by the way i have not told my hubby he would have had the headmaster by the throat...:arghh: